Charles P. Carey
Charles P. Carey is a partner in Henning and Carey, a CME clearing firm, and served as vice chairman of CME Group from 2007 - 2010 in connection with the merger of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange and the Chicago Board of Trade. 
As chairman of the CBOT since 2003, Carey oversaw its demutualization and stockmarket listing and, with CME chairman Terrence Duffy, was instrumental in negotiating the merger of the two Chicago exchanges first announced in October 2006. Carey and Duffy first met at the CME in the hog pit back in the early 1980s when the grain markets were slow and Carey had moved over to the CME to trade. He has been a member of the CME Group's board of directors since July of 2007.
Carey also currently serves as the chairman of the Commodity Markets Council, a North American trade association whose membership brings together commodity futures exchanges and boards of trade with their industry counterparts.
Carey has been a member of the CBOT since 1978, and was first elected as chairman in 2003. He served as first vice-chairman from December 1999-2001 and from 1992-1994, as a full-member director of the exchange from 1996-1999. He became a director in 1993.
Carey also served as first vice-chairman of the Executive Committee, chairman of the Finance Committee and as a member of numerous CBOT committees, special committees and task forces.
After graduating from college, Carey's first job was a union job installing electrical conduit in the underground downtown tunnels that would become the site of the great Chicago flood of 1992.
Politically in 2007, Carey donated to Kirk for Congress, Rudy Giuliani Presidential Comittee Inc., Judy Biggert for Congress, Hillary Clinton for President, Friends of Rahm Emanuel, Chambliss for Senate, Hayes for Congress, Obama for America, Melissa Bean for Congress, Stevens for Senate Committee, Lautenberg for Senate, Chris Dodd for President, Inc, Hastert for Congress Committee and Auction Markets Political Action Committee of the Chicago Board of Trade
Carey received a bachelor of arts degree in business administration from Western Illinois University.
- ↑ CBOT-CME Is Done, at Last. Wall Street Journal.
- ↑ "Board of Directors”. CME Group.
- ↑ CMEto dominate management of CME-CBOT. Boston.com Business.
- ↑ Charles Carey profile. Forbes.
- ↑ Futures exchanges. The Economist.
- ↑ Charlie Carey and Terry Duffy. Futures Magazine via CME Group.
- ↑ CME Group Board of Directors. CME Group.
- ↑ Officers & Directors. Commodity Markets Council.
- ↑ Commodity Markets Council. Commodity Markets Council.
- ↑ CBOT Holds "Curtain Raiser" Event on Ag Side-by-Side Trading. Chicago Board of Trade.
- ↑ Merging of the Green. Irish American News.
- ↑ Charles Carey. Irish America magazine - Aug/Sept '07 issue.
- ↑ Charles Carey. NewsMeat.
- ↑ Oak Brook/LaGrange Alumni Event, 5/19/06. Western Illinois University.