|WATCH: 2012 SEFCON III Highlights on MarketsWiki.tv (December 2012)|
|WATCH: An Intro to IDBs and SEF Regulation from ICAP’s Chris Ferreri on MarketsWiki.tv (December 2012)|
Chris Ferreri is a managing director at ICAP North America, where he oversees ICAP ETC, the company's hybrid brokered OTC solution. He was the first chairman of the Wholesale Markets Brokers' Association Americas Inc. (WMBA Americas), and served again as chairman in 2012.
SEFCON III, November 2012
The Wholesale Markets Brokers’ Association Americas (WMBAA) is an industry advocacy group made up of five inter-dealer brokerage firms (IDBs): BGC Partners, GFI Group, ICAP, Tradition and Tullett Prebon. Since 2010, the WMBAA has hosted an annual conference on issues surrounding swap execution facilities (SEFs), a new type of financial transaction execution entity created by the Dodd-Frank Act. On November 13, 2012, John Lothian News Editor-at-Large Doug Ashburn attended the third such conference, 2012 SEFCON III.
- 2012 SEFCON III Interview Highlights
- European Swaps Perspective from Alex McDonald of the WMBA
- An Intro to IDBs and SEF Regulation from ICAP’s Chris Ferreri
- OTC Brokers vs. Exchanges and the Futurization of Swaps from Julian Harding of Tradition
- Evolution of OTC Products and Regulations Across Jurisdictions from Shawn Bernardo of Tullett Prebon
- Chris Giancarlo of GFI Group Discusses the Need for Regulatory Balance
Ferreri joined ICAP in January 1984. He has served as managing director at ICAP, ICAP Services North America, and the Electronic Trading Community Division. From 2003 to 2005, he was the managing director of ICAP Electronic Broking. Ferreri has also worked for DuPont as a project engineer and for Garbanzo Game Studios as the US Treasury yield curve swap desk manager.
- Bachelor of Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Stevens Institute of Technology (1973 – 1977)
- ↑ ICAP's Chris Ferreri is Elected New Chair of the WMBAA. ICAP.
- ↑ Unlike Banks, This Wall St. Group Embraces Dodd-Frank. New York Times.
- ↑ Chris Ferreri. LinkedIn.