ConvergEx Group, LLC
|Key People||Joseph M. Velli, Chairman and CEO; Eric Noll, President|
|Products||Options and equities broker, VortEx|
ConvergEx Group LLC, formerly BNY ConvergEx Group, is a provider of global agency brokerage and investment technology. The registered broker-dealer specializes in derivatives execution management technology and brokerage services for listed options and equities.
ConvergEx filed for a $400 million IPO in May 2011 and updated the filing in June 2011, but in June 2013 the company withdrew the filing, telling the SEC it had "determined not to proceed with the offering contemplated by the Registration Statement at this time." 
In January of 2013, ConvergEx Holdings signed an agreement to sell its RealTick and Eze Castle software platforms to an affiliate of private equity firm TPG Capital. Eze Castle OMS and RealTick EMS will continue to be sold as standalone products. After the divestment occurs, Eze software products will continue to interact with ConvergEx's execution business. 
On Jan. 15, 2010, ConvergEx Group announced that ConvergEx veteran Chris O'Connor was appointed head of Australian Sales for ConvergEx's order management system, the Eze OMS, and launched a new sales office for the Eze OMS in Sydney, Australia. The new full-service office will include sales and client service teams dedicated to supporting all aspects of the Eze OMS.
Products and Services
- LiquidPoint, LLC. BNY ConvergEx Group acquired LiquidPoint in July 2007. The acquisition enabled BNY to offer options execution and trading technology.
- The VortEx dark liquidity pool uses a patent-pending process where ConvergEx streaming and resting orders interact with dynamic IOIs from a broad network of external liquidity providers.
- Joseph M. Velli, Chairman and CEO
- Eric W. Noll, President and incoming CEO
- Charles E. Rappold, Vice Chairman and Chief Operating Officer
- Anthony G. Blumberg, Executive Managing Director, BNY ConvergEx Group LLC; Chief Executive Officer, ConvergEx Global Markets Ltd.
- David Cross, Managing Director of Sales and Business Development
- Craig Lax, head of Execution Services
- ↑ ConvergEx Pulls IPO After Two Years of Silence. The Wall Street Journal.
- ↑ What Does the Sale of Eze Castle, RealTick OMS/EMS Platforms Mean for the Buy Side?. Advanced Trading.
- ↑ ConvergEx to buy RealTick. Securities Technology Monitor.
- ↑ ConvergEx Launches New Sales Office in Sydney, Australia for the Eze OMS. ConvergEx.
- ↑ Our Story. BNY ConvergEx.com.
- ↑ VortEx-Dark Liquidity Pool. BNY ConvergEx.