ConvergEx Group, LLC
|Key People||Joseph M. Velli, Chairman and CEO; Eric Noll, President|
ConvergEx Group LLC, formerly BNY ConvergEx Group, is a provider of global agency brokerage and investment technology. The registered broker-dealer specializes in derivatives execution management technology and brokerage services for listed options and equities.
BNY ConvergEx Group was formed in October 2006 from the union of BNY Mellon Securities Group and Eze Castle Software. In November 2011, the BNY moniker was dropped, and the company became known as ConvergEx Group LLC.
From 2007-2011, the company made several key acquisitions, including options technology group LiquidPoint (2007), Cogent Consulting (2009), NorthPoint Trading Partners (2009), LDB Consulting and RealTick, a multi-broker, cross-asset provider of execution management systems which the company purchased in December of 2010 from Barclays Bank.
ConvergEx filed for a $400 million IPO in May 2011 and updated the filing in June 2011, but in June 2013 the company withdrew the filing, telling the SEC it had "determined not to proceed with the offering contemplated by the Registration Statement at this time." 
On September 22, 2014 ConvergEx Group announced a new order routing strategy for U.S. equities that enabled institutional clients to earmark a percentage of an order to be sent to the IEX dark pool. The remainder of the order is sent to ConvergEx's Darkest algorithm for connectivity with more than 20 other dark pools. The firm said the move was a result of analysis of IEX execution that showed that buy-side client orders were protected from latency arbitrage and from adverse price impacts. ConvergeEx began routing customer orders to IEX in November 2013. 
- Eric W. Noll, President and CEO
- Charles E. Rappold, Vice Chairman and Chief Operating Officer
- Vincent Fitzpatrick, Executive Managing Director,ConvergEx Group LLC
- Greg Voetsch, CEO of ConvergEx Execution Services
- Charles Galligan, Head of Program Trading
- Anthony Saliba, Chief Executive Officer, LiquidPoint
- Joseph M. Velli, Former Chairman and CEO, sitting board member
- Our Story. BNY ConvergEx.com.
- ConvergEx to buy RealTick. Securities Technology Monitor.
- ConvergEx Pulls IPO After Two Years of Silence. The Wall Street Journal.
- What Does the Sale of Eze Castle, RealTick OMS/EMS Platforms Mean for the Buy Side?. Advanced Trading.
- ConvergEx Develops New Order Routing Strategy to IEX & Its Own Dark Liquidity Algo. Wallstreet & Technology.
- ConvergEx Introduces Dynamic IEX Order Routing Strategy After Analysis Confirms IEX Execution Quality. ConvergEx.