|Occupation||Nominee, Assistant Secretary|
|Employer||U.S. Department of the Treasury|
Cyrus Amir-Mokri was nominated by President Barack Obama in September of 2011 to take the post of Assistant Secretary of the U.S. Department of the Treasury. He would replace Michael Barr. He is a partner and commercial litigation attorney at the New York office of law firm Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP.
Amir-Mokri focuses on federal antitrust and securities cases involving payment systems, retail banking, securities listing, trading, underwriting, and private equity acquisition and financing, representing major U.S. financial institutions. He is also counsel to the chairman of the Commodities Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), beginning in August 2009.
He was born in Tehran and eventually became a board member of The Public Affairs Alliance of Iranian Americans (PAAIA). Amir-Mokri also contributed significantly to the writing of the Dodd-Frank Financial Reform Bill.
- J.D., University of Chicago Law School, 1995
- Ph.D., University of Chicago, 1992
- A.B., Harvard University, Harvard College, 1986
- Clerkship, Hon. Bruce M. Selya, U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, 1998-1999
- 14th Annual Consumer Financial Services Litigation Institute, 2009
- PLI Faculty Member, 13th Annual Consumer Financial Services Litigation Institute, 2008
- “English Court Denies Representative Action Status for Antitrust Claims,” Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP, April 17, 2009
- “Recent Trends in Motion Practice at the Pleading Stage in Payment Card Litigation,” Banking & Financial Services, December 2008
- “Credit Card and Payment Card Developments,” presented at the 13th Annual Consumer Financial Services Litigation Institute – Volume One (Practicing Law Institute, New York, March 10-11; Chicago, April 17-18; and San Francisco, May 8-9, 2008)
- “Centralizing State and Federal Court Cases Under CAFA,” New York Law Journal, May 19, 2008
- “Supreme Court Overrules Dr Miles’ Per Se Prohibition on Vertical Minimum Price Restraints,” Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP, June 29, 2007
- “U.S. Supreme Court Extends Monopoly Predatory Pricing Standards to Monopsony Predatory Bidding Practices,” Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP, February 2007
- ↑ Presidential Nominations sent to the Senate. White House.
- ↑ White House Nominates Amir-Mokri for Treasury Department Post. San Francisco Chronicle.
- ↑ [www.skadden.com/content/attorneyNarrative/1319.pdf Cyrus Amir-Mokri]. Skadden.
- ↑ Cyrus Amir-Mokri. LinkedIn.
- ↑ Nominee Is Named for Key Treasury Post. WSJ.
- ↑ Cyrus Amir-Mokri. PAAIA.