|Occupation||Senior Managing Director, Foreign Exchange and Interest Rate Products|
Sammann was previously managing director, global head of FX products for CME Group. Before joining CME, Sammann was managing director/global head of FX Options and Structured FX Products for Calyon Corporate and Investment Bank in London.
At Calyon, Sammann was responsible for expanding and diversifying product revenues by building and managing the product platform, technology, trading and structured products offering in the company's global FX options business. In 2004 he was responsible for merging the FX Options activities of Credit Agricole Indosuez and Credit Lyonnais.
Before he joined Calyon, Sammann was senior vice-president and chief dealer, FX options, for Credit Agricole Indosuez in London, and vice-president and senior trader, FX options, at Banque Indosuez in Paris.
He began his career as associate vice-president and head CME FX Options Floor Trader for Cooper, Neff & Associates in Chicago.
Sammann holds a bachelor's degree in Economics and Political Science from Northwestern University.
- 2010 Foreign Exchange Highlights with Derek Sammann
- CME Group Launches E-Micro Foreign Exchange Products
- Derek Sammann, Managing Director of Interest Rate and FX Products, talking about the new Financial Instruments Clearing Membership
- ↑ Management Team. CME Group.
- ↑ "CME Appoints Derek Sammann to Lead Foreign Exchange Product Group, 9/6/06”. CME Group.