|Occupation||Editor at Large & Vice President|
|Employer||John Lothian News|
Douglas Ashburn is Editor-at-Large and vice president of John Lothian News. He also serves as a lead project manager for MarketsReformWiki, the regulatory website launched by John J. Lothian & Company, Inc. on February 28, 2011.
MarketsReformWiki is specifically dedicated to tracking and archiving of all information related to regulatory reform in the U.S., Europe and Asia. The site  features a comprehensive aggregation of financial regulatory rulemakings, video content, commentary and insight, comment letters, hearings and testimony.
Ashburn, a 20-plus year veteran of the Chicago financial markets, provides editorial support for the JLN Managed Futures Newsletter and other John Lothian News properties.
Additionally, he serves as editor of Intelligent Risk, a quarterly publication of PRMIA, the Professional Risk Managers' International Association.
Ashburn has been a foreign exchange options and futures trader at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange since the early 1990s. He has traded for an international banking institution, has been a partner in small- and mid-tier trading groups, and has traded as an independent forex market maker. In 2006, he earned the Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst designation from the CAIA Association. He is also a member of the Professional Risk Managers' International Association (PRMIA).
- Illinois Institute of Technology Stuart School of Business, MBA, December 2010. He also worked as a TA and guest lecturer for undergraduate and graduate-level courses in economics and operations management.
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, BS, Agricultural Economics
Douglas A. Ashburn - NFA ID 0231023
A Selection of Recent Publications
- The $639 Trillion Question: Who Owns the Data?, MarketsReformWiki, January 2013
- Geronimo Redux or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Fiscal Cliff, JLN Forex, December 4, 2012
- FX Swaps and Forwards: A Special Case?, JLN Forex, November 20, 2012
- Intelligent Risk, Volume 2, Issue 4 October 2012
- Parallel Worlds, JLN Forex, September 11, 2012
- Geronimo!!!, JLN Forex, August 21, 2012
- Change of Plans, JLN Forex, July 10, 2012
- The Wimpy Solution, JLN Forex, June 12, 2012
- Bears, Whales, and the Sound of History Repeating, JLN Forex, June 5, 2012
- The Opposite of Austerity?, JLN Forex, May 8, 2012
- The One-Way Dead-End Street, JLN Forex, April 17, 2012
- A Note on Leverage, JLN Forex, April 10, 2012
- We'll Take Your Money, but Not Because We Need It, JLN Forex, March 13, 2012
- Connecting the Dots, JLN Forex, March 6, 2012
- Your Secret is Safe...or Is It?, JLN Forex, February 28, 2012
- After Timeliness is Stability in Switzerland, JLN Forex, January 24, 2012
- Mario Draghi: A Day in the Life of a Central Banker, JLN Forex, January 17, 2012
- A Layman's Guide to Regulation 1.25, MarketsReformWiki, December 13, 2011
- Trade Zones Past, Present, and Future, JLN Forex, December 6, 2011
- The Latest, Greatest Hope for the Eurozone, JLN Forex, November 22, 2011
- Supercommittee Superfail?, JLN Forex, November 22, 2011
- Hyperinflation Hall of Fame: Who Wants to Be a Trillionaire?, JLN Forex, November 15, 2011
- Buy the Rumor; Sell the Fact, JLN Forex, November 1, 2011
- Sovereign “Hot Potato”, JLN Forex, October 25, 2011
- Speculation, Position Limits and Monetary Policy, JLN Forex, October 18, 2011
- John Lothian News Special Report: A Global Economy Pushed to its Limits, September 26, 2011
- Beware of Falling BRICs?, JLN Forex, September 6, 2011
- How Big is your Mattress? “Safe” Investing in a Zero Interest Rate Environment, JLN Forex, August 30, 2011
- Currency Debasement:Careful What You Wish For, JLN Forex, August 23, 2011
- Renminbi:The Double-Edged Sword of a Dollar Peg, JLN Forex, August 16, 2011
- ZIRP Traps, Safe Havens and Negative Interest Rates, JLN Forex, August 9, 2011
- Return of the Alpine Safe Haven, JLN Forex, August 2, 2011
- The Greek Restructuring Plan: A Decent Rough Draft, JLN Forex, July 26, 2011
- Sovereign Debt Crises: A Happy Ending?, JLN Forex, July 12, 2011
- The Eurozone: Many moving parts, JLN Forex, June 21, 2011
- Following the Fed: Actions Speak Louder (and More Coherently) than Words, JLN Forex, May 17, 2011
- Memories, Long and Short JLN Forex, May 3, 2011
- Downgrades, Haircuts, and “Trump Cards”, JLN Forex, April 19, 2011
- Playing Three Rounds of The Intervention Game, JLN Forex, March 22, 2011
- What is a Dollar? And Other Imponderables, JLN Forex, March 15, 2011
- FX as an Asset Class: My “Lightbulb Moment”, JLN Forex, February 8, 2011
- Alignment: The Key to a Smooth Ride GEOnomics '11, Global Equity Organization, p. 139-142
Ashburn can be reached via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.