Fidessa group plc
|Key People|| Chris Aspinwall, Chief Executive|
John Hamer, Chairman
|Products||Independent software vendor|
Fidessa provides their clients with multi-asset trading and investment infrastructure, market data and analysis, and decision making and work flow technology. Fidessa offers access to the world’s trading community of buy-side and sell-side professionals, from global institutions and investment banks to boutique brokers and niche hedge funds. The company serves 25,000 users across 950 clients, and each year, $10 trillion worth of transactions flow across their global connectivity network.
Headquartered in London, Fidessa is a global company with offices in New York, Woking in the UK, Boston, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Paris, Toronto, San Francisco, Belfast, Singapore, São Paulo, Chicago, Sydney and the Kingdom of Bahrain.
Products and Services
Serving asset management firms through to smaller specialist boutique managers and hedge funds, Fidessa's front office investment solutions cover all asset classes and provide integrated, managed connectivity to global brokers and markets. Fidessa's systems also help clients to decide where, when and how to invest, as well as analyze their portfolio, track their P&L and execute and process their trades.
Key features: • OMS and EMS for trading  • Multi-currency with full asset class support • Allocations, trade processing and commission management • Audit trail provides order traceability • Supports global organizations from a single installation • Asset allocation, portfolio modeling and decision support  • Comprehensive order generation and allocation methods • High-performance pre- and post-trade restriction checking  • Extendable regulatory rule libraries and counterparty restriction checks • Internal checks and limits as well as mandate restrictions • Sophisticated breach management workflow • GUI for rule building
Available as a custom enterprise or fully managed Software as a Service (SaaS) solution, Fidessa delivers order management and trading services to the global broker/dealer community. Combining order and execution work flow with a global FIX connectivity network, Fidessa supports all high, low and no-touch business flows, and scales to match their client's business growth. 
- Custom built per client offering
- Solutions for specialist execution (e.g. DMA)
- Packaged services for connectivity and market data
- Available as a Fidessa managed enterprise service or for independent operation
- Global professional services and support teams
- Hosted & managed trading systems
- Capabilities supporting tens of thousands of users globally
- Fully integrated work flow, market data and connectivity
- Support and operations resource
- Solutions for Europe, U.S., Canada, Japan and Asia
Connectivity Fidessa provides a comprehensive suite of connectivity solutions for the global trading community. Fidessa provides FIX network connectivity to over 3,000 counterparties in global markets. The firm announced in November 2011, the launch of a new FIX Protocal connectivity service that allows users to integrate, control and monitor all FIX messages and connectivity points across multiple trading applications.
- Global client base spanning EMEA, Asia Pacific and the Americas
- Over 3,200 buy-sides, including traditional asset managers, hedge funds and broker dealers
- Over 750 brokers, including major sell-side institutions as well as specialist niche players
- Over 17,000 live connections
- Around $950 billion in executed order flow every month
Market data  Global markets, news, analysis, and reference data. Fidessa provides access to comprehensive market information, news and fundamental data coupled with display and analysis tools.
- Real-time or delayed international prices from global markets
- Key world indices, sectors, derivatives and foreign exchange rates
- Financial news and market commentaries from Dow Jones and other news sources
- Comprehensive company background and fundamental data
- Customizable, user-defined portfolio displays
- Real-time and historical news monitoring
- Trade time & sales histories
- Historical charting with analysis tools
- Sector performance and analysis displays
Founded in 1981 as Intercom Data Systems (IDS): the company was later renamed royalblue Group plc, and consisted of two separate operating divisions, royalblue Financial and royalblue Technologies. royalblue Financial concentrated on the financial trading platform that has become Fidessa today, and royalblue Technologies centered around two separate products - rostrvm, a call center technology platform, and HelpDesk for Windows. In 2001 the company divested itself of the technologies division and focused entirely on the financial business. The company has been listed on the London Stock Exchange since 1997. In 2001 the company divested itself of the Technologies division and focused entirely on the Financial business.
With the group's core trading platform, Fidessa, being better known in the marketplace, royalblue Group plc changed its name to Fidessa Group plc following shareholder approval at the AGM held in April 2007. The name change took effect on May 1, 2007.
In April 2007, the company also acquired the privately owned buy-side trading provider "LatentZero Limited". The LatentZero suite of products is now Fidessa's complete investment management front office suite for institutional asset managers.
In July 2010, after the Dubai Financial Market's acquired two thirds of the shares of NASDAQ Dubai from NASDAQ OMX and Borse Dubai, NASDAQ Dubai outsourced trading its listed equities to DFM's X-Stream technology platform which went live on July 11. Fidessa worked with exchanges to ensure that their trading system was fully compliant. Fidessa announced on July 12, that a number of its clients deployed the Fidessa sell-side order management system to trade NASDAQ Dubai equities on the new trading platform from the day it went live. 
On July 29, 2010, Fidessa announced global FIX network connectivity to SBI Japannext Securities, a Japanese Proprietary Trading System. Japannext PTS, as they are known, will now be able to provide onshore and offshore trading communities with easier access to the PTS liquidity pool.  Fidessa pushed forward with Japanese expansion efforts on August 19 when they announced it's FIX network's connectivity to Chi-X Japan.  Furthering their initiatives, Fidessa announced Tokai Tokyo Securities, a Japanese broker located in Nagoya, selected Fidessa's Software as a Service (SaaS) trading platform as their new trading system for cash equities and derivatives. 
On September 13, 2010, Fidessa announced the launch of it's fragmentation analysis tools, the Fidessa Fragmentation Index and Fragulator. These tools are web-based services and provide unbiased views of market fragmentation as well as insight into the different global regulations taking shape. 
On November 15, 2010, Fidessa announced that the Japanese securities house, Ichiyoshi Securities, selected Fidessa’s Software as a Service (SaaS) Japanese trading platform to trade Japanese cash equities and derivatives. 
On November 29, 2010, Fidessa announced that they were celebrating their 10th anniversary of offering Software as a Solution (SaaS) systems to brokers in London and New York. In the past decade, Fidessa has grown to service 10,000 users across 600 global clients. 
On March 1, 2010, Fidessa announced that Ping An Asset Management, the investment arm of Ping An Insurance Group in China, went live with Fidessa's buy-side front office suite, LatentZero, for their domestic and international operations. 
On March 8, 2010, Fidessa announced that Liquidnet had integrated its electronic trading services directly into Fidessa’s EMS Workstation to boost block trading execution capabilities. The joint opportunity will provide Fidessa customers seamless access to Liquidnet's pool of liquidity for the equity markets. 
On March 9, 2011, Fidessa announced that they had hired James Blackburn as Marketing Director for the firm's Hosted Services in EMEA and Simon Woods as Commercial Director of Enterprise Accounts. 
On June 14, 2011, Fidessa announced that Jefferies & Company, Inc. implemented Fidessa's global portfolio trading platform, which includes 124 global exchanges and provides visibility into the Jefferies entire equity trading activities. 
On July 26, 2011, Fidessa announced that Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) went live with Fidessa's US sell-side trading system on a Software as a Service (SaaS) basis. BBH will also be employing Fidessa's fully integrated global trading service. 
In March 2009, Fidessa announced the launch of around-the-clock trading for its global trading service. Fidessa’s global trading service is a fully integrated international trading service available within its U.S. hosted trading platform.
In January 2010, Fidessa expanded their global connectivity network for nine brokerage firms to offer US options execution services including; Ballista Securities, Barclays Capital, BofA Merrill Lynch, Citi, LiquidPoint, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, OnPoint Executions and Penson Financial Services Ltd..
On June 29, 2010, Bulltick Capital Markets, a capital markets firm in Latin America, joined the Fidessa connectivity network which will allow Bulltick to provide an increased range of Latin American trading and execution services to Fidessa's global user trade flow and volume into these markets.
On July 12, 2010, NCB Capital (NCBC), an investment company and asset manager in Saudi Arabia, selected Fidessa's sell-side trading platform to support its retail and institutional client operations on the Saudi stock market as well as it's global trading activities. With over one million retail customers, NCBC is Fidessa's largest client in the Middle East.
On October 19, 2010, Fidessa announced that São Paulo-based Alpes, has joined the Fidessa connectivity network allowing Alpes to provide an increased range of Brazilian trading and execution services to Fidessa's global user base within the equities, futures and options markets. 
On December 13, 2010, Fidessa announced that Northland Capital Partners (NCP) went live with a Canadian trading platform. Deployed as a Software as a Service (SaaS) model on NCP’s institutional, proprietary and electronic trading desks, Fidessa will provide connectivity, trade execution and integration with back and middle-office operations. NCP also implemented BlueBox, Fidessa’s algorithmic trading engine. 
On January 24, 2011, Fidessa announced that Al Ramz Securities joined Fidessa's global connectivity network, which enables the brokerage firm, located in the United Arab Emirates, to provide electronic execution and brokerage services to local and international market participants. 
On February 7, 2011, Fidessa announced that Excellence Nessuah, one of Israel's leading investment firms, will provide direct market access to the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange across Fidessa's global connectivity network. This will enable Fidessa's community of buy-side firms and brokers to access Israel's only stock market. 
On February 21, 2011, Fidessa announced that ICICI Securities an India-based integrated securities firm joined the company's global connectivity network, which gave Fidessa greater access to and information on Indian markets.
On May 10, 2011, Fidessa announced that GATE US, LLC, a company which provides electronic transaction platform for trading global alternative assets and illiquid securities, has joined the company's global connectivity network.
On June 27, 2011, Fidessa announced that Haitong Securities, one of China’s largest brokerage firms, joined its global connectivity network, providing greater access to China's markets. Brokers on the Fidessa network are now able to route orders via Haitong to the Shanghai and Shenzhen stock exchanges.
On November 1, 2011, Fidessa announced the launch of its new FIX Portal connectivity service, enabling users to integrate, control and monitor all FIX messages and connectivity points across multiple trading applications.
On November 9, 2011, Fidessa announced that it had extended its global reach through an enhanced relationship with Deutsche Bank. Fidessa's members are now able to connect to its dark pool, Deutsche Bank SuperX ATS. Access to the Fidessa network will significantly increase the number of firms that are able to access SuperX ATS and make Deutsche Bank’s smart order router and algorithmic services available to all of its members, regardless of their location.
In February 2009, the Fidessa Fragmentation Index (FFI) was rewarded as part of the Finextra Innovation Showcase 2009, which highlights innovative financial services products, technologies and projects that have emerged over the year. The FFI provides a measure for stock/market fragmentation that applies equally across established exchanges and the new alternative venues.
In September 2009, Fidessa's platform won Best Trading System for the sell-side and the Fidessa LatentZero suite won Best Trading System for the buy-side at the Financial News seventh annual 'Awards for Excellence in IT Trading and Technology'.
Also, Fidessa LatentZero's compliance module Sentinel took home Product of the Year at the Buy-Side Technology Awards and was named best buy-side compliance product for the second year in a row, in November 2009. 
In November 2010, Fidessa announced that they had won the best compliance solution for their Sentinel product at the Buy-Side Technology Awards. This is the third consecutive year that Fidessa's Sentinel has taken the prize.
In October 2011, Fidessa announced was named best sell-side trading platform at the 2011 Financial News awards for the fourth straight year.
- Fidessa's Fragulator Provides Insight Into Global Regulatory Initiatives
- Five Minutes with Dan Smalley
- Fragvision Episode 6: A night at the museum
- Fragvision Episode 5: The changing face of Asian markets
- Fragvision Episode 4: The R word
- Fragvision Episode 3: Best execution: fact or fiction?
- Fragvision Episode 2: Feeding frenzy
- Fragvision Episode 1: Welcome to FragVision
- Beanz Meanz MiFID - August 10, 2012
- Whilst my breath is still warm - July 6, 2012
- Cleary better? - July 2, 2012
- You pays your money, you takes your choice - May 31, 2012
- Welcome to the world of daytime fragulation! - May 15, 2012
- Still hacking away at HFT - April 30, 2012
- The attraction of OTC clearing - March 20, 2012
- Alternative venues play waiting game in Japan - March 6, 2012
- And another thing Europe can’t agree about - February 23, 2012
- NYSE/DB – why Brussels got it wrong - February 3, 2012
- Tobin, or not Tobin – that is the question - January 31, 2012
- Size matters - January 18, 2012
- John Hamer, Chairman
- Chris Aspinwall, Chief Executive
- Justin Llewellyn-Jones, Chief Operating Officer
- Steve Grob, Director, Derivatives Products
- Dan Smalley, Director of Business Development
- Dorothy Friedman, Vice President of Marketing
- Michael Hughes, Business Development Consultant
- Alice Botis, Head of Latin American Business Development, SVP Director of New Sales Enterprise Services
- Yuriy Shterk, Senior Product Manager of Derivatives
- Mike Wilkins, Trading Support Specialist
- Megan McKeever Costello, President of Buy-side Operations
- ↑ About Fidessa. Fidessa.
- ↑ Fidessa About Us. Fidessa.
- ↑ Fidessa Worldwide Offices. Fidessa.
- ↑ Press Release. Fidessa.
- ↑ Buy-side Solutions. Fidessa.
- ↑ Order and Execution Management. Fidessa.
- ↑ Portfolio Management. Fidessa.
- ↑ Compliance. Fidessa.
- ↑ Sell-side. Fidessa.
- ↑ Connectivity Network and Management. Fidessa.
- ↑ Connectivity Network and Management. Fidessa.
- ↑ Connectivity Network and Management. Fidessa.
- ↑ Market Data Services. Fidessa.
- ↑ royalblue group plc Final Results. Fidessa.
- ↑ Royalblue to change name. Fidessa.
- ↑ Relationship between Fidessa and royalblue. Fidessa.
- ↑ Royalblue to acquire Latentzero. Fidessa.
- ↑ Fidessa appoints Dan Smalley as Head of Enterprise Business Development in the US. Fidessa.
- ↑ Fidessa clients trading on NASDAQ Dubai’s DFM platform from go-live. Fidessa.
- ↑ Fidessa Appoints Robert Thompson as President of North American buy-side operations. Fidessa.
- ↑ SBI Japannext securities joins Fidessa’s global network. Fidessa.
- ↑ Fidessa provides access to Chi-X Japan. Automated Trader.
- ↑ Tokai Tokyo Securities selects Fidessa's Japanese trading platform. Fidessa.
- ↑ Fidessa unveils global fragmentation analysis tools. Fidessa.
- ↑ Fidessa Appoints Dorothy Friedman as VP Marketing for the Americas. Fidessa.
- ↑ Ichiyoshi Securities selects Fidessa's Japanese trading platform. Fidessa.
- ↑ Fidessa marks a decade of successful SaaS delivery. Fidessa.
- ↑ Fidessa Expands into Asia. Automated Trader.
- ↑ Ping An Insurance live on Fidessa LatentZero. Finextra.
- ↑ Liquidnet Partners With Fidessa On Block Trading. Wall Street and Technology.
- ↑ Fidessa adds to senior team in Europe. Fidessa.
- ↑ Jefferies moves trading infrastructure to Fidessa managed enterprise platform. Finextra.
- ↑ Brown Brothers Harriman Goes Live on Fidessa's Trading Platform. Fidessa.
- ↑ Fidessa Adds Around The Clock Trading. Fidessa.
- ↑ Fidessa expands network with nine new US options brokers. Fidessa.
- ↑ Bulltick Capital Markets Joins Fidessa's Global Connectivity Network. Fidessa.
- ↑ Partnership with NCB Capital strengthens Fidessa's MENA operations. Fidessa.
- ↑ RS Platou Markets selects Fidessa's sell-side trading platform. Fidessa.
- ↑ Alpes Joins Fidessa Global Connectivity Network. Fidessa.
- ↑ Pictet & Cie joins Fidessa connectivity network. Fidessa.
- ↑ NCP Northland Capital Partners is live with Fidessa's Canadian Trading Platform. Fidessa.
- ↑ Al Ramz Securities joins Fidessa's connectivity network. Fidessa.
- ↑ Excellence Nessuah provides DMA to Tel Aviv Stock Exchange through Fidessa network. Fidessa.
- ↑ ICICI Securities joins Fidessa’s connectivity network. Fidessa.
- ↑ GATE US joins Fidessa connectivity network. Fidessa.
- ↑ Haitong Securities and Fidessa open up Chinese markets. Fidessa.
- ↑ Fidessa launches FIX Portal. Fidessa.
- ↑ Fidessa extends global reach into dark and lit markets with expanded Deutsche Bank offerings. Fidessa.
- ↑ Baikal announces key technology partners. Fidessa.
- ↑ Fidessa LatentZero furthers partnership with FINCAD to extend analytics provision. Fidessa.
- ↑ IM Trust chooses Fidessa for Latin American expansion. Fidessa.
- ↑ Fidessa Fragmentation Index recognised as major innovation. Fidessa.
- ↑ Fidessa group takes top accolades for its buy-side and sell-side platforms at Financial News awards. Fidessa.
- ↑ Fidessa LatentZero’s Sentinel named Product of the Year at Buy-Side Technology Awards. Fidessa.
- ↑ Fidessa best sell-side trading platform in Asian Banker awards. Fidessa.
- ↑ Fidessa named best sell-side trading system at Financial News awards. Fidessa.
- ↑ Fidessa's Sentinel named top compliance solution at Buy-Side Technology awards. Fidessa.
- ↑ Fidessa named best sell-side trading platform at the Financial News Awards. Fidessa.