J. Christopher Giancarlo
|WATCH: 2012 SEFCON III Highlights on MarketsWiki.tv (December 2012)|
|WATCH: Chris Giancarlo of GFI Group Discusses the Need for Regulatory Balance on MarketsWiki.tv (December 2012)|
|J. Christopher Giancarlo|
|Occupation||Executive Vice President, Corporate Development|
|Employer||GFI Group Inc.|
J. Christopher Giancarlo is the executive vice president of corporate development at GFI Group.
On Aug. 1, 2012, Giancarlo was appointed to serve as chair of the Wholesale Markets Brokers' Association (WMBAA).
Giancarlo joined the firm in April 2001 following the acquisition of Fenics, where he structured strategic alliances with investment banks. Before joining Fenics in 2000, Giancarlo worked at the law firm Brown Raysman Millstein Felder & Steiner, LLP as a corporate partner from 1997-2000.
Giancarlo graduated from Skidmore college with a B.A. He went on to receive a law degree from Vanderbilt University.
SEFCON III, November 2012
The Wholesale Markets Brokers’ Association Americas (WMBAA) is an industry advocacy group made up of five inter-dealer brokerage firms (IDBs): BGC Partners, GFI Group, ICAP, Tradition and Tullett Prebon. Since 2010, the WMBAA has hosted an annual conference on issues surrounding swap execution facilities (SEFs), a new type of financial transaction execution entity created by the Dodd-Frank Act. On November 13, 2012, John Lothian News Editor-at-Large Doug Ashburn attended the third such conference, 2012 SEFCON III.
- 2012 SEFCON III Interview Highlights
- European Swaps Perspective from Alex McDonald of the WMBA
- An Intro to IDBs and SEF Regulation from ICAP’s Chris Ferreri
- OTC Brokers vs. Exchanges and the Futurization of Swaps from Julian Harding of Tradition
- Evolution of OTC Products and Regulations Across Jurisdictions from Shawn Bernardo of Tullett Prebon
- Chris Giancarlo of GFI Group Discusses the Need for Regulatory Balance
MarketsWiki Questions: Exploring Financial Technology
Giancarlo participated in the MarketsWiki Questions: Exploring Financial Technology interactive video series. See his responses to the following questions:
- Q4: How is regulation driving technology in the derivatives space? (August 3, 2011)
MarketsReformWiki Featured Commentary
On October 12, 2011, Giancarlo testified before the House Committee on Agriculture on the subject of proposed changes to the Dodd-Frank Act regarding swap execution facilities. His testimony was summarized into a commentary featured on MarketsReformWiki.
- ↑ J. Christopher Giancarlo Bio. Forbes.
- ↑ WMBAA Board Member J. Christopher Giancarlo and Vice Chairman Shawn Bernardo to Appear before Separate U.S. House Committees to Discuss Regulatory, Economic and Market Implications of Dodd-Frank Derivatives Title. BusinessWire.
- ↑ Wholesale Market Brokers’ Association Welcomes New Chairman Giancarlo. Wholesale Markets Brokers' Association.
- ↑ Christopher Giancarlo. LinkedIn.
- ↑ Hearing to review legislative proposals amending Title VII of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. House Committee on Agriculture.