Jamie Selway is managing director and head of liquidity management at Investment Technology Group, Inc. (ITG). In that capacity, he contributes to ITG’s business strategy and provides ITG clients with analysis of market structure and potential developments in the regulatory environment.
Before joining ITG, Selway was managing director at White Cap Trading, an institutional agency brokerage that he co-founded in 2003. He previously served as chief economist at Archipelago and worked in equity derivatives research at Goldman Sachs.
MarketsWiki Questions: Exploring Financial Technology
Selway participated in the MarketsWiki Questions: Exploring Financial Technology interactive video series. See his responses to the following questions:
- Q4: How is regulation driving technology in the derivatives space? (August 3, 2011)
- Q7: What, in terms of technology, is missing in the financial markets? (September 28, 2011)
- M.S., Financial Mathematics, University of Chicago
- B.A., Mathematics and European History, Washington and Lee University
- Comment: Flash crash shows flaws in human behaviour, The Financial Times www.ft.com/intl
- Commentary: Eight Market Structure Calls for 2011, Traders Magazine, www.tradersmagazine.com
- Q&A With ITG Managing Director Jamie Selway, Advanced Trading www.advancedtrading.com