Liquidnet is an electronic marketplace for block trading. It enables buy-side firms to access the largest natural pool of institutional liquidity in the industry, and it allows them to execute institutional-sized orders directly and anonymously.
On June 8, 2009, Liquidnet announced a partnership with NYSE Euronext, a competitor, to launch new services for interactions between institutional investors and corporate issuers serviced by both organizations. Liquidnet said it would launch Liquidnet InfraRed, a proprietary desktop application accessed through NYSE’s ‘NYSEnet’ system to aggregate institutional demand, news sentiment and block trading data.
On Jan. 27, 2010, Liquidnet announced it had been ranked as the number one overall performance leader for the second consecutive year in U.S. Equities Operations by Z/Yen’s 2009 survey of Operational Performance of Brokers.
On March 8, 2010, Liquidnet announced that they had integrated its electronic trading services directly into Fidessa’s EMS Workstation to boost block trading execution capabilities. The joint opportunity will provide Fidessa customers seamless access to Liquidnet's pool of block liquidity for the equity markets. 
In January 2011, Liquidnet announced a partnership with SIX Swiss Exchange, the first time an exchange and a trading venue that operates dark trading have teamed up. The arrangement allows the Swiss exchange to offer large-size institutional trading, while also catering to high-speed trading firms that trade in much smaller increments on its main platform. 
In June 2010, the Patent and Trademark Office awarded Liquidnet its second United States patent related to its equity trading system. Liquidnet was issued U.S. Patent No. 7,747,515 for "Electronic Securities Marketplace Having Integration With Order Management Systems." The patent further protects Liquidnet’s proprietary computer-based methods for generating liquidity for institutional block trades. Liquidnet was previously issued U.S. Patent No. 7,136,834 in November 2006.
- Founder and CEO, Seth Merrin
- Chief Operating Officer, Robert Young
- Chief Financial Officer, William Maw
- Global Head of Corporate Strategy, Alfred Eskandar
- ↑ Dark Pool Directory. AdvancedTrading.
- ↑ Liquidnet Announces Partnership with NYSE Euronext to Launch New Services to Uniquely Connect Institutional Investors with Corporate Issuers. NYSE.
- ↑ Liquidnet Voted #1 for Operations in Annual Broker Survey. Liquidnet.
- ↑ Liquidnet Partners With Fidessa On Block Trading. Wall Street and Technology.
- ↑ Liquidnet appoints Patrick Young to Board. Financial News.
- ↑ Liquidnet Awarded Second U.S. Patent for Its Innovative Equity Trading System. Liquidnet.