|Headquarters||Serves more than 11,000 clients worldwide through 20 offices on four continents|
Marketwire is a Toronto-based global newswire. The company is the result of Market Wire and CCNMatthews merging in April of 2006. Marketwire is majority-owned by OMERS Private Equity, which manages the private equity activities of OMERS Administration Corporation. The group's investment strategy includes the active ownership of businesses in North America and Europe.
- 1957 Matthews Directories are first published
- 1982 Canadian Corporate News (CCN) is incorporated in Canada
- 1983 CCN introduces the first alternative newswire in Canada
- 1991 CCN acquires Matthews Directories
- 1993 Internet Wire is founded in the U.S.; it is among the first to use the Internet for
- 1999 Internet Wire is incorporated in the U.S.
- 2001 CCN and Matthews become part of the PIMS Group
- 2002 CCN and Matthews adopt new corporate identities and become CCNMatthews
Products and Services
The company's product segments include distribution, multimedia, media management and monitoring arms.
- Chief Financial Officer, Clint Becker