|Headquarters||Headquartered in Chicago with 30 locations in the U.S., Puerto Rico and London|
|Key People||Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, James C. Tyree|
Mesirow Financial is a diversified financial services company based in Chicago. Founded in 1937 as a one-person brokerage firm by Norman Mesirow, the company is privately owned.As of March of 2008, the company had $245 million in capital, $32.2 billion under management and more than $450 million in revenue. The company recently embarked on a new logo and branding program.
Meisrow is expected to move into a new 45-story office building to be completed in mid-2009. Mesirow plans to consolidate its two downtown Chicago headquarters to 13 floors of the downtown Chicago $400-million building.
In 2008, the firm chose to augment its corporate and municipal fixed-income group with the hiring of several individuals. This occured at the same time as layoffs of many industry veterans at Wall Street firms struggling with losses related to the collapse of the subprime mortgage market.
Products and Services
- Investment Management
- Investment Services
- Insurance Services
- Investment Banking
- Real Estate
- In January of 2003, Mesirow Financial Inc. acquired the asset management business of Lunn Partners LLC, adding more than $130 million in assets under management.
- In September of 2004, Mesirow acquired the corporate restructuring practice of Big Four accountant KPMG LLP.
- In September of 2006, Mesirow purchased a Dann Insurance Agency LLC for an undisclosed amount. The purchase allowed Mesirow to add to its property and casualty insurance, life insurance and employee benefits areas.
- ↑ Baron In The Making. BusinessWeek.
- ↑ About Mesirow Financial. Mesirow Financial.
- ↑ Mesirow Financial President, COO. Crain's Chicago Business.
- ↑ Mesirow, Lunn Partners in Deal. Crain's Chicago Business.
- ↑ Mesirow Acquires KPMG Unit. Crain's Chicago Business.
- ↑ Mesirow Financial Acquires Local Insurance Brokerage. Crain's Chicago Business.