|Occupation||Managing Director, Co-Head of Futures and Derivatives Clearing Services|
|Location||New York, NY|
Dawley serves as an ex-officio member of the Board of Trustees of the the Institute for Financial Markets. He is a member of the CME Clearing House Risk Committee, the CFTC Global Markets Advisory Committee  and the advisory board of Kent State University's Masters of Financial Engineering Program. He is a member of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange and the Chicago Board of Trade, now a merged corporation, CME Group. Dawley is a also a trustee for The Clearing Corporation Charitable Foundation.
He also previously served as a director and as chairman of the board of The Clearing Corporation ("CCorp")
In January of 2009, Dawley, along with Richard Berliand of JP Morgan, were named as interim co-chairmen of the FIA heading into the March 2009 FIA Boca Raton International Conference. He was elected chairman of the FIA on March 11, 2009 at the FIA's annual meeting at the FIA conference. Dawley had previously served as FIA chairman.
- Michael Charles Dawley - NFA ID 0309280
John Lothian News Special Report: Residual Interest, February 2013
A rule proposed by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) designed to strengthen safeguards for customer deposits at futures commission merchants (FCMs) is threatening to overhaul the futures brokerage system.
The proposed “residual interest” provision introduced last fall, and discussed in a CFTC roundtable on February 5, would require substantial increases in margin buffers by FCMs.
The meeting led by Robert Wasserman, chief counsel of the CFTC’s Division of Clearing and Risk, included panelists Mike Dawley of Goldman Sachs and FIA chairman and Kim Taylor, CME Clearing president who argued that the increased margin requirements under the proposal are substantial. Dawley said the rule, if passed in its current form, would be “one of the most monumental events” in his 30 years in the industry.
- ↑ IFM Trustees. The IFM.
- ↑ Global Markets Advisory Committee Members. Commodity Futures Trading Commission.
- ↑ CFTC, Toothless Regulator, Looks to Take a Bite Out of Derivatives. Huffington Post.
- ↑ BrokerTec Futures Exchange Appoints New Chairman And Vice Chairman - Dennis Scurletis Named Chairman And Michael Dawley Elected Vice Chairman. Mondovision.
- ↑ www.futuresindustry.org. Futures Industry Association.
- ↑ FIA names new board members. FOW.
- ↑ Members. Swiss Futures & Options Association.
- ↑ Press Release. FIA.