|Key People||Joacim Wiklander, CEO|
|Products||Brokerage & technology provider|
From 2010 to 2012, Neonet was majority-owned by Nordic Capital. In November 2012, a majority interest was sold to Hay Tor Capital, a private equity firm founded in 2011 by former Goldman Sachs partner John Ashdown.
In December 2008, Neonet started offering its clients access to NYSE Euronext's planned new alternative trading platform, NYSE Arca Europe, which will compete with existing alternative platforms such as Chi-X, Turquoise and BATS Europe. 
Neonet merged with Orc Software in 2010, but was later spun out of ORC to Nordic Capital when the combination of Orc's derivatives trading speciality and Neonet's equities trading software proved unsuccessful. 
In November 2012, sixty percent of the company was sold to Hay Tor Capital, and in May 2013, it was announced that Wiklander would be replaced as CEO by Tim Wildenberg, head of electronic trading at Citi.
Products and Services
Neonet was one of the first companies to offer direct market access (DMA) on its electronic trading platform. Neonet is an independent agency broker and operates a 24/7 trading desk for global clients. The company also offers three market access solutions, which can be combined according to client preference:
- "Neonet Trader. Functionality includes high-performance spread trading and algorithmic trading using fourth-generation Smart Order Routing.
- High-touch trading desk, serviced by Neonet’s execution specialists.
- Proprietary or third-party Execution Management Systems and Order Management Systems. Any system compliant with industry-standard FIX connectivity may be integrated."
- Joacim Wiklander, CEO Neonet Securities
- Christine Blinke, VP Marketing and Investor Relations
- Petra Holmberg, Risk Manager
- Patrik Nylander, Head of Execution Desk
- Carina Roosmark, Head of Operation
- Carl Johan Wallin, Global Head of Sales