|Key People||Torben Munch, Chief Executive Officer|
|Products||Market Making, Trading and Brokerage Software|
Orc provides technology for advanced trading, market making and brokerage applications. Its trading platform offers connectivity to 120 markets across multiple asset classes and currencies. Their stand alone market connectivity product, the Gateway Development Kit, offers unlimited access to exchanges, brokers and in-house management systems. The company's customers include investment banks, trading and market-making firms, brokerage houses, institutional investors and hedge funds. The company has more than 600 customers in 33 countries.
Orc provides sales and quality support services from its offices across EMEA, Americas and Asia Pacific.
Orc is owned by Cidron Delfi Intressenter AB, which is in turn owned by Nordic Capital Fund VII, a Swedish private-equity firm. The firm purchased ORC, which had been publicly traded since 2000, was taken private in early 2013.
On Apr. 10, 2012, Orc announced that Korean Investment & Securities Co. Ltd. had selected Orc to provide low-latency connectivity to the Korea Exchange (KRX). The arrangement allows KIS clients to trade onto the KRX through KIS’ membership.
Orc announced an updated market gateway to the Dubai International Financial Exchange (DIFX) and its new OMX X-Stream trading platform. Orc Software is one of the first certified vendors for the new DIFX platform.
Bank of China International Selects Orc Algorithmic Trading
BOCI is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bank of China Limited and has been an Orc customer since 2004. The additional function on Orc Algorithmic Trading will enable BOCI to increase its market activities in warrants market-making and index options trading. Deploying Orc Algorithmic Trading will also enable BOCI to achieve its business objectives for increasing both warrant issues and the number of instruments, without incurring additional trader costs.
Orc Continues Eastern European Expansion
According to the reseller agreement, IN2 will provide the full range of Orc Trading and Orc Connect products and solutions for advanced electronic trading and connectivity, including additional services and support to customers in Croatia, Serbia, Slovenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo and Montenegro.
Banca Aletti Launches New Derivatives Using Orc
The Italian bank and established Orc Software customer, Banca Aletti, has used Orc technology to launch two new certificates for basket of stocks on the Italian Securitised Derivatives Exchange, SeDeX.
ICAP Utilizes Orc For FX Trading
ICAP, which operates the leading foreign exchange trading platform EBS, began using Orc's CameronFIX and CameronFAST in September 2007 to facilitate its FX trading. Orc and ICAP finalized the deal towards the end of 2006.
Merger With Neonet
Orc Connects To Brazilian Markets
On Nov. 1, 2010, Orc announced access to the Brazilian markets through the broker Alpes Corretora de Cambio (Alpes). Alpes' clients will be provided Orc's low latency trading infrastructure for high frequency trading strategies and pricing, risk management and volatility management tools. 
- Orc Liquidator is an algorithmic trading engine capable of running hundreds of complex trading strategies. It comes with native connectivity to 100+ markets.
- Orc Trader is a front-end application that allows traders to customize volatility management, pricing and automated quoting, and supports large trading volumes, fast execution and risk management.
- Orc Broker is a tool designed for sales traders, sales and brokers, featuring order, portfolio and customer management functionality. The application provides execution and simultaneous access to multiple markets integrated on a single screen, plus order management tools such as custom designable transaction lists, transaction depth and basket management. Deals and market reports can be generated, and information can be shared in both directions with Microsoft Excel.
- Orc Futures application supports streamlined order entry and execution, allowing traders to quickly enter and exit single and multiple contracts in one or multiple markets, benefiting arbitrage and other spreading traders. The application runs onWindows 2000/XP and Mac OS X (UNIX) operating systems.
- Orc Online is primarily designed for the end clients of banks and brokers. Institutional and retail users gain direct electronic access to the markets offered by the broker, in combination with financial analysis that also can include proprietary analysis reports issued by the broker.
- Orc ExNet offers buy-side users access to all main liquidity pools including official exchanges and ECNs, without the need for exchange membership.
- Model Builder- This application can be used to incorporate client models for calculating theoretical prices into the Orc System. It provides a graphical interface for the construction of user-defined models and front-end applications.
Formed in 1987 by Nils Nilsson and Ulrika Hagdahl, Orc Software's main activity was as a market maker on the Swedish derivatives exchange. Since its inception Orc Software has also continuously developed and marketed software for pricing, trading and risk management in financial markets.
Through 1995, sales of the Orc Technology were focused on clients in the Nordic region. 1995 saw the first sales to clients in the UK and Switzerland, and in 1996 the first products were sold to clients in Italy, Hong Kong and Germany. In January 1997, Orc first sold its technology to new clients in Australia and Japan. Also that year, OMX acquired just over 50 percent of the shares in Orc Software. Orc continued its worldwide expansion in 1998 and 1999 with sales to clients in the Netherlands and the U.S.
In 2000, the company formed subsidiaries in Frankfurt, London, Milan, Moscow, New York and Sydney. Orc Software's shares were listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange on Oct. 19, 2000. Orc Software opened offices in Hong Kong, St. Petersburg and Zurich in 2001, and in 2002, Orc signed a distribution agreement with Reuters and opened offices in Tokyo, Toronto and Vienna.
In 2003, Orc opened an office in Chicago.
During the autumn of 2005, Orc Software signed an agreement with OMX regarding the development of a new front-office product.
On Sept. 24, 2007, Orc announced it had expanded its European presence with the opening of an office in Amsterdam.
On July 13, 2009, Orc announced the opening of a new office in Tokyo, to support its Asia-Pacific business.
Westpac Banking Corporation's equity derivatives trading desk in June of 2011 adopted Orc Group’s technology to scale up their options trading and warrants market making business. The solution provides Westpac with non-membership DMA trading access to the ASX.
- Chief Executive Officer, Torben Munch
- Chairman of the Board of Directors, Markus Gerdien
- Chief Operating Officer, Matteo Carcano
- Chief Financial Officer, Tomas Ljunglöf
- General Counsel, Peter Bergson
- Chief Technology Officer, Joakim Dahlstedt
- President Asia Pacific, Greg Chambers
- President Americas, Jeremie Bacon
- VP Business Development, Anders Henriksson
- VP Global Services, Fredrik Skogby
- VP Engineering, Hugh Stables
- Chief Marketing Officer, Christine Blinke
- VP Product Management, Joacim Wiklander
- ↑ Korean Investment & Securities Co. Ltd. selects Orc to offer low-latency access to Korean markets. Orc.
- ↑ Orc provides connectivity solutions for new DIFX trading platform. Automated Trader News.
- ↑ Bank of China International Selects Orc Algorithmic Trading to Spearhead Growth. Reuters.
- ↑ Orc Software Continues Eastern European Expansion and Selects IN2 for Reseller and Services Partner in Croatia. EuroInvestor.
- ↑ Banca Aletti Utilizes Orc Technology to Launch New Derivatives Products on Italian Market. Reuters.
- ↑ ICAP Utilizes Orc Software’s CameronFIX and CameronFAST to Support FX Trading over FIX Protocol. Cision Wire.
- ↑ Orc/Neonet merger enables joint equity and derivatives offering. The Trade News.
- ↑ Orc offloads Neonet to management and Hay Tor Capital. Finextra.
- ↑ Orc Software in offer for Neonet. The Financial Times.
- ↑ Orc/Neonet merger enables joint equity and derivatives offering. The Trade News.
- ↑ Orc, Neonet and CameronTec to be Operated as Separate Companies. Orc Group.
- ↑ Orc Software Provides Connectivity to Brazilian Markets via Broker Alpes Corretora De Cambio. BusinessWire.
- ↑ Orc Trading for Algorithmic Trading. Orc Group.
- ↑ Orc Broker Gateways. Orc Group.
- ↑ History of Orc. Orc Software.
- ↑ Orc Software Completes Acquisition of Cameron Systems. Automated Trader.
- ↑ 2008 Annual Report. Orc Software.
- ↑ Orc Software expands in Asia Pacific with new office opening in Japan. Orc Press Release.
- ↑ Orc Software Establishes Focused CameronFIX Subsidiary, CameronTec. Mondovisione.
- ↑ Orc Software Releases New Orc Spreader with Greater Functionality and Lower Latency. Orc Software.
- ↑ Press Release. Orc Software.
- ↑ OTC Global Holdings selects Orc Trader for emissions trading. Orc website.
- ↑ Orc Software Announces Support for Turquoise Derivatives. CNBC.
- ↑ Westpac Banking Corporation Selects Orc Trading Solution For Warrants Market Making. ORC.
- ↑ Orc Group AB: Orc appoints Jeremie Bacon to lead Americas operations. Wall Street Journal.