|WATCH: Robert Fitzsimmons Discusses His New Startup Optionshop on MarketsWiki.tv (August 2012)|
Bob Fitzsimmons is CEO at Optionshop, an online futures broker specializing in the execution of options on futures, which is expected to launch in September of 2012. He was named to the position in January 2012.  Fitzsimmons is responsible for exchange relationships, strategic direction and day to day operations.
Fitzsimmons was previously managing director and head of derivatives business at Investment Technology Group, Inc. (ITG). He was chief executive officer of RedSky Financial before it was acquired by ITG in 2007 . Fitzsimmons was appointed CEO of RedSky Financial in April 2006. There, he was responsible for developing and implementing RedSky's strategic and financial planning.
Prior to RedSky, he was CEO of NQLX from 2003-2004. He joined NQLX from The Nasdaq Stock Market, where he was an executive director. While with NASDAQ, Fitzsimmons led their futures markets exploration team.
Fitzsimmons was hired by NQLX as president and chief operating officer, but was promoted to acting CEO when the former CEO, Warren Langley, left following an inability to agree on mutually acceptable contract terms. Thomas Ascher was subsequently hired as CEO of NQLX, with Fitzsimmons moving back to president and COO. Fitzsimmons later replaced Ascher, when Ascher resigned in November of 2003 on the eve of the one year anniversary of single stock futures trading being launched in the U.S. 
Before NQLX and Nasdaq, Fitzsimmons ran the futures business of Nomura Securities International. Earlier, Fitzsimmons was a broker in the U.S. Treasury bond options pit for Kidder, Peabody & Co. In 1987, Fitzsimmons became a member of the Chicago Board of Trade and, in 1990, the Chicago Mercantile Exchange.
JLN Options Interview
Robert Fitzsimmons Discusses His New Startup Optionshop
Robert Fitzsimmons is the CEO of Optionshop, an online futures broker specializing in the execution of options on futures, which is expected to launch in September of 2012. Fitzsimmons spoke with John Lothian News senior editor Sarah Rudolph about the interest in commodities as an asset class, the dislocation in the markets and the need for retail traders to use options to minimize their commodities risk. Published August 2, 2012. Watch at MarketsWiki.tv
Fitzsimmons is a graduate of Harvard University and holds an MBA from the University of Chicago.
Five Minute Interview
- ↑ Bob Fitzsimmons profile. LinkedIn.
- ↑ Investment Technology Group to Acquire RedSky Financial. ITG.
- ↑ Prominent People. Futures Industry Magazine.
- ↑ RedSky appoints new chief. Hedge Funds Review.
- ↑ RedSky Hires Former Nasdaq Exec. Advanced Trading.
- ↑ Trail Blazing Single Stock Futures. SFO Magazine.
- ↑ President and COO Bob Fitzsimmons Appointed Acting CEO of Nasdaq Liffe Markets. The Nasdaq Stock Market, Inc..
- ↑ Langley quits as CEO of Nasdaq Liffe Markets. Finextra.
- ↑ Tom Ascher Resigns as CEO of NQLX;Fitzsimmons named CEO. John Lothian Newsletter.
- ↑ Worries surface over power of D Borse-NYSE tie-up. Financial Times.
- ↑ Bullish Options Bets On United States Oil Fund At Record High. Wall Street Journal.
- ↑ Nasdaq’s hostile bid could help its rival for NYSE. Forbes.
- ↑ Phlx Bets on Alpha Options for Growth. Wall Street Letter.
- ↑ Robert Fitzsimmons Discusses His New Startup Optionshop. MarketsWiki.tv.