Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association
Error: image is invalid or non-existent
|Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association|
|Headquarters||New York, New York|
|Key People||Judd A. Gregg, Chief Executive Officer Kenneth E. Bentsen, Jr., President|
SIFMA is a 501(c)(6) organization that represents the shared interests of participants in the global financial markets. SIFMA members include international securities firms, U.S.-registered broker-dealers and asset managers.
SIFMA’s mission is to promote policies and practices that work to expand and perfect markets, foster the development of new products and services, and create efficiencies for member firms, while preserving and enhancing the public’s trust and confidence in the markets and the industry. SIFMA is highly involved in Dodd-Frank deliberations via public statements and formal letters sent to the CFTC and the SEC.
SIFMA has offices in New York, Washington D.C., and London, and its associated firm, the Asia Securities Industry and Financial Market Association, is based in Hong Kong.
In May 2009, SIFMA announced a merger with the London Investment Banking Association to become a single, independent European organization, the Association for Financial Markets in Europe (AFME). AFME, SIFMA and its Asian affiliate ASIFMA, now comprise the Global Financial Markets Association (GFMA), which represents the common interests of the world’s leading financial and capital market participants, and speaks for the industry on the most important global market issues.
- Judd A. Gregg, CEO
- Kenneth E. Bentsen, Jr., President
- Cheryl Crispen, Executive Vice President, Communications
- Ira Hammerman, Senior Managing Director & General Counsel
- David Krasner, Chief Financial & Chief Administrative Officer
- Ileane F. Rosenthal, Executive Vice President, Member Engagement
- Randy Snook, Executive Vice President
2013 Board of Directors
- Chair: Chet Helck, CEO, Global Private Client Group, Raymond James Financial, Inc.
- Chair-Elect: Jim Rosenthal, Chief Operating Officer, Morgan Stanley
- Vice Chair: William A. Johnstone, Chairman & CEO, Davidson Companies
- Treasurer: Bernard B. Beal, Chief Executive Officer, M.R. Beal & Company
- PAC Chair: Ronald J. Kruszewski, Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer, Stifel, Nicolaus & Company