|Occupation||Founder and CEO|
Sam Mele is the founder and managing director of Chicago-based transaction technology company Firm58.  He is a frequent speaker at the University of Chicago and the University of Illinois and many other institutions on the topic of product commercialization and entrepreneurship and participates on several advisory boards.
Mele is a St. Charles, Illinois native who grew up working summers at Goldberg Brothers, a boutique clearing firm where his father was managing partner. Because of this work, he learned the ins and outs of back-office financial transactions processing.
He spent 10 years at Oracle and six years at Ariba before returning to Chicago to try his hand as a tech entrepreneur. He launched Firm58 in 2004 with James Mullen to capitalize on the opportunity to help trading and brokerage companies smoothly process transactions.
In March of 2008, he assumed the role of SVP of sales and marketing, and managing director international, leading the expansion of the domestic and international sales, marketing and business development capabilities.
He graduated with honors from the University of Illinois with a BS degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Management. Firm58 website.
- Mele Sam Mele LinkedIn Page. LinkedIn.
- Mele Says Cash Only Part Of A Good VC Partner. Chicago Sun-Times.
- Firm58 Taps Seasoned SaaS Industry Veteran To Dramatically Scale Business. huliq.com.
- Softletter's SaaS University: Marketing, Selling, Infrastructure and Financing Conferences, 2010. Saas University.