|Employer||[[tradeMONSTER, OptionMONSTER Holdings Inc.]]|
[[Category:tradeMONSTER, OptionMONSTER Holdings Inc.]]
Sanjib Sahoo directs all aspects of information technology for tradeMONSTER, an online brokerage company that specializes in options trading for the self-directed investor. He has been with tradeMONSTER since it was founded in 2008, and was the architect of its award winning brokerage technology platform. During his tenure at tradeMONSTER, he led the entire technology brokerage platform which is now rated as one of the top 2 trading companies in North America and also the top options trading platform nationally by Barron’s.
As CTO and CIO, Sahoo oversees software development, quality assurance, production support and hardware, and network infrastructure. He is also a member of the senior executive team. In June 2013, tradeMONSTER launched the first HTML5-based iPad app in the online brokerage industry, offering a full range of trading tools. Sahoo’s hybrid approach of designing a HTML5-based app contained in a iOS wrapper enabled the creation of an app more powerful than the standard iOS framework allows. As a leader, he strongly focuses on aligning the IT initiatives with the company’s strategic goals while working within budgetary and time constraints.
Sahoo received the prestigious 2013 CIO of the Year award presented by the Executives' Club of Chicago, AITP and SIM. ITA Citylights nominated Sahoo as a finalist for 2013 Technologist of the Year and his technology team received the 2013 Outstanding Technology Development Award. In 2012, Sahoo was recognized as one of the most innovative CIOs in the CIO Magazine for innovation and collaboration in technology.
Sahoo has spoken at several events and IT conferences focusing on tradeMONSTER’s innovation in technology and how his leadership at tradeMONSTER has built a successful IT team. Sahoo has been a panelist or speaker for various Camp IT conferences, Technology Executive Club, Technology Executive Network, CITE, IT Roadmap, and CIO Perspectives. Sahoo has also contributed pieces to the Harvard Business Review, Network World, Wired, and NBC Chicago. 
Sahoo has been engaged with technology for the financial services business for over 14 years and has a wide range of expertise in technology management, architecture, open source platforms and design, project management, and building real time trading systems. Previously, Sahoo has architected and built trading/financial platforms for XpressTrade (now OptionsXpress), Citibank, Deutsche Bank, Desjardins Bank and several other organizations.
Institute of Management & Technology, Ghaziabad
- ↑ Back Online!. Barron's.
- ↑ IBID. Barron's.
- ↑ tradeMONSTER Disrupts Mobile Trading with New iPad App. BusinessWire.
- ↑ Debunking Some Myths About Native And HTML5 Hybrid Apps. TechCrunch.
- ↑ Financial Firms Are Investing In Their No. 1 Asset: IT Talent. Wall Street & Technology.
- ↑ OptionMonster Holdings’ Sanjib Sahoo Awarded 2013 CIO of the Year by The Executives’ Club of Chicago, AITP, and SIM. BusinessWire.
- ↑ optionMONSTER Holdings Named 2013 ITA CityLIGHTS Awards Finalist For tradeMONSTER Technology. BusinessWire.
- ↑ optionMONSTER® Holdings, Inc. Wins 2013 Illinois Technology Association “Outstanding Technology Development” CityLIGHTS Award. BusinessWire.
- ↑ Innovative CIOs Show How to Make Money With IT. CIO.com.
- ↑ tradeMONSTER CTO Sanjib Sahoo talks about Balance of Risk, Innovation and leadership. Youtube.com.
- ↑ C'mon, IT Leaders. Take a Chance!. Harvard Business Review.
- ↑ Is the cloud ready for mission critical apps?. Network World.
- ↑ HTML5 as Enterprise Strategy? No, It’s Not Magic. Wired.com.
- ↑ How to be an Award-Winning CIO. NBC Chicago.