Sanjib Sahoo directs all aspects of information technology for tradeMONSTER, an online brokerage company that specializes in options trading for the self-directed investor. He has been with tradeMONSTER since it was founded in 2008, and was the architect of its award winning brokerage technology platform. During his tenure at tradeMONSTER, he led the technology brokerage platform, rated by Barron's as one of the top two trading companies in North America as well as the top options trading platform nationally.
As CTO and CIO, Sahoo oversees software development, quality assurance, production support and hardware, and network infrastructure. He is also a member of the senior executive team. In June 2013, tradeMONSTER launched the first HTML5-based iPad app in the online brokerage industry, offering a full range of trading tools. Sahoo’s hybrid approach of designing a HTML5-based app contained in a iOS wrapper enabled the creation of an app more powerful than the standard iOS framework allows. 
Sahoo has spoken at several events and IT conferences focusing on tradeMONSTER’s innovation in technology and how his leadership at tradeMONSTER has built a successful IT team. He has been a panelist or speaker for various Camp IT conferences, Technology Executive Club, Technology Executive Network, CITE, IT Roadmap, and CIO Perspectives. Sahoo has also contributed pieces to the Harvard Business Review, Network World, Wired, and NBC Chicago.  He has been profiled in The Wall Street Journal, The Chicago Tribune, TechCrunch, Crain’s, Built in Chicago, InfoWorld, Wall Street & Tech, Biztech, Chicago Sun-Times and many other publications.
Sahoo was honored with the 2014 InfoWorld Technology Leadership Award for his vision, leadership, and novel approach in creating tradeMONSTER’s patent pending mobile platform, and included in Chicago’s Techweek100 2014 list. Under Sahoo’s leadership, tradeMONSTER was nominated for the 2014 CITE Award for Best Customer App. Sahoo was also nominated as a finalist for the 2013 SuperNova Award by Constellation Research. Sahoo received the 2013 CIO of the Year award presented by the Executives' Club of Chicago, AITP and SIM. ITA Citylights nominated him as a finalist for 2013 Technologist of the Year, and his technology team received the 2013 Outstanding Technology Development Award. In 2012, he was recognized by CIO Magazine as one of the most innovative CIOs for innovation and collaboration in technology.
Sahoo has been engaged with technology for the financial services business for over 14 years and has a wide range of expertise in technology management, architecture, open source platforms and design, project management, and building real time trading systems. Previously, he organized, designed and built trading/financial platforms for XpressTrade (now OptionsXpress), Citibank, Deutsche Bank, Desjardins Bank and several other organizations.
Institute of Management & Technology, Ghaziabad
- Back Online!. Barron's.
- IBID. Barron's.
- tradeMONSTER Disrupts Mobile Trading with New iPad App. BusinessWire.
- Debunking Some Myths About Native And HTML5 Hybrid Apps. TechCrunch.
- Financial Firms Are Investing In Their No. 1 Asset: IT Talent. Wall Street & Technology.
- tradeMONSTER CTO Sanjib Sahoo talks about Balance of Risk, Innovation and leadership. Youtube.com.
- C'mon, IT Leaders. Take a Chance!. Harvard Business Review.
- Is the cloud ready for mission critical apps?. Network World.
- HTML5 as Enterprise Strategy? No, It’s Not Magic. Wired.com.
- How to be an Award-Winning CIO. NBC Chicago.
- tradeMONSTER CTO Sanjib Sahoo Receives 2014 InfoWorld Technology Leadership Award. BusinessWire.
- Techweek100. Techweek100.
- Consumerization of IT in the Enterprise (CITE) Awards Showcase Leading Technology and Business Innovation. MarketWired.
- 2013 SuperNova Award (#SNA2013) Finalists Announced. Constellation Research.
- OptionMonster Holdings’ Sanjib Sahoo Awarded 2013 CIO of the Year by The Executives’ Club of Chicago, AITP, and SIM. BusinessWire.
- optionMONSTER Holdings Named 2013 ITA CityLIGHTS Awards Finalist For tradeMONSTER Technology. BusinessWire.
- optionMONSTER® Holdings, Inc. Wins 2013 Illinois Technology Association “Outstanding Technology Development” CityLIGHTS Award. BusinessWire.
- Innovative CIOs Show How to Make Money With IT. CIO.com.