|Employer||Rostron Parry Ltd. [Owner]|
Simon Rostron is a London-based public relations and marketing professional. He is the owner and co-founder of Rostron Parry Ltd., a public relations and marketing firm specializing in financial market clients. Rostron is a former financial journalist and former trading-floor-based market-maker.
Before forming Rostron Parry Ltd. with John Parry in 1991, Rostron and Parry worked for the international marketing and public relations firm Trimedia. Rostron was a managing director for Trimedia based in London from 1988 to 1991.
After graduating from Oxford, Rostron worked in City of London on the London Stock Exchange floor as an Authorized Clerk for Wedd Durlacher from 1977 to 1981.
Rostron helped found Futures & Options World magazine during a brief career as a journalist at the dawn of the era of financial futures in London in the early 1980s. Rostron's later partner John Parry was the first editor of FOW Magazine.
He is a collector of vintage books and also a long-time wine collector. In 2007, he participated in a wine tasting exercise for the European Wall Street Journal.
In 2012, Rostron accepted a challenge from John Lothian to raise money for the UK-based charity Futures For Kids by wearing a kilt to the gala dinner at the IDX 2012 conference in London. Lothian had accepted the challenge from the FT's Jeremy Grant the previous year.
- ↑ Simon Rostron. Rostron Parry.
- ↑ Rostron Parry Ltd.. Rostron Parry Ltd..
- ↑ In France's Cabardès, Bordeaux Meets Languedoc. Wall Street Journal.
- ↑ Simon Rostron is Fundraising. Just Giving.
- ↑ The Richness of Giving. John Lothian Newsletter.
- ↑ Simon Rostron. LinkedIn.
- ↑ Simon Rostron. Swiss Futures & Options Association.
- ↑ Previous Events. Hedge Fund Intelligence.