|Key People||Robert D. Merrilees, Chairman; Stephen A. Brodsky, CEO (as of April 1, 2013)|
|Products||Technology-focused trading firm that specializes in equity options|
Spot Trading is a privately held, technology-focused trading firm that specializes in equity options. The firm is located in the Chicago Financial District and has grown considerably since its creation.
Rob Merrilees founded Spot Trading in 1999.Merrilees is also managing director, co-owner and co-founder of YJT Solutions, a Chicago-based technology consulting firm that provides services to financial exchanges, clearing firms, trading firms, banks, broker-dealers and hedge funds.
Spot Trading appointed Stephen A. Brodsky, 39, as Chief Financial Officer starting Nov. 22, 2010.
In July 2011, Spot Trading was named one of "Chicago's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for" by the National Association of Business Resources (NABR).
- ↑ Proprietary Trading Firms. Traders Log.
- ↑ Press Release. The Free Library.
- ↑ Spot Trading Elevates Merrilees To Chairman, Brodsky To CEO, McInerney To CFO. Tucson News.
- ↑ Spot Trading L.L.C.. BusinessWeek.
- ↑ Management Bios. YJT Solutions.
- ↑ Press Release. BusinessWire/Encyclopedia.com.
- ↑ Spot Trading Named One of "Chicago's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for". PR Newswire.