Autotrader is an automated execution tool that enables traders to execute proprietary trading strategies, make markets and scalp using links from Excel or formulas entered directly in the Autotrader grid. It is one of several automated trading applications built into Trading Technologies' X_TRADER Pro. Autotrader features multiple levels of automation, a built-in formula engine with 20 formula columns, Microsoft Excel integration, configuration possibilities and strategy creation based on the market or theoretical values.
Traders can program formulas directly into the Autotrader grid. Formulas can include math and statistical functions, conditional statements and references to other cells. Additionally, Autotrader can be linked to an external Excel spreadsheet, allowing Excel to submit, requote and cancel orders via Autotrader. As a high performance, low-latency application, Autotrader can requote an order based on one or more underlying price movements with sub millisecond latency.
Traders use Autotrader to execute proprietary trading strategies, including arbitrage, market making and synthetic orders across the following markets:
Autotrader analyzes contingent variables, such as dynamically changing market prices and derived calculations. Based on the logic defined by the trader, Autotrader will submit, requote and cancel orders. Autotrader features include:
- Auto Mode: Sets the row's contract for automatic trading, automatically quotes the contract according to the trading parameters specified by the trader.
- Transaction Count: Displays the number of transactions (deletes, adds, and changes) that Autotrader has accumulated while trading the contract for that particular row.
- Net Position: The sum of all positions for a particular Group ID Number across all contracts.
- Net Change: The difference between the last traded price and the previous trading day's settlement price.
- Theoretical Bid and Ask: Cell links to the theoretical price generator.