Error: image is invalid or non-existent
|Occupation||Chairman and CEO|
|Employer||Interactive Brokers Group|
Peterffy developed hand-held computers as an aide to floor trading in the early 1980s, ahead of much of the rest of the industry. He established Timber Hill as a proprietary trading firm and used his technological edge to make it into a major market making firm.
In the 1980s, he began developing a communications network for routing orders to exchanges and stock markets around the world, which became the foundation for Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. His smart order routing systems created a model for customer execution.
In November of 2007, Peterffy received the American Hungarian Foundation George Washington Award.
Published Works, Statements & Speeches
- Investment Strategy
- SPEECH OF THOMAS PETERFFY. BEFORE THE INTERNATIONAL OPTIONS MARKETS ASSOCIATION
- Statement of Thomas Peterffy Chairman, Interactive Brokers Group to SEC
- Thomas Pechy Peterffy - NFA ID 0258601
- Interactive Brokers LLC - NFA ID 0258600
- Timber Hill LLC - NFA ID 0264315
- ↑ Interactive Brokers Strategy:Turning Technology into a Competitive Advantage. FIA Magazine.
- ↑ The Wallendas Hit Wall Street. Forbes.
- ↑ See! The Street Was Paved With Gold. New York Times.
- ↑ "Thomas Peterffy”. FIA.
- ↑ "About IB”. Interactive Brokers.
- ↑ American Hungarian Foundation George Washington Awards Dinner at New York's Waldorf Astoria. Embassy of Hungary.
- ↑ Investment Strategy. Interactive Brokers.
- ↑ SPEECH OF THOMAS PETERFFY. BEFORE THE INTERNATIONAL OPTIONS MARKETS ASSOCIATION. Interactive Brokers.
- ↑ Securities and Exchange Commission Hearings on Proposed Regulation NMS, April 21, 2004, Statement of Thomas Peterffy, Chairman, Interactive Brokers Group. U.S. Securities Exchange Commission.