Thomas J. Cashman
|WATCH: John Lothian Profiles: Tom Cashman on MarketsWiki.tv (October 2012)|
Cashman is president of the 100 Club of Chicago, a charity providing for the families of fallen police officers and firefighters of Cook County, Illinois.
Cashman, the son of a fireman, grew up in Chicago in the Austin neighborhood and played basketball and baseball for Fenwick High School. He graduated from Loras College in Iowa and then completed graduate work in chemistry at Northwestern University before moving to the CBOT in the 1960s.
He has served on exchange governance committees, including the CBOT board of directors in the early 1980s, during his career. He has also served on the influential CBOT Nominating Committee. and an ethics panel at the CBOT.
He is actively involved in many charities, including as a director of the Hundred Club of Cook County, an organization that provides financial assistance to the families of police personnel killed in the line of duty.
John Lothian Profiles
John Lothian Profiles: Tom Cashman
Tom Cashman, a member of an iconic Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) family, is a pit trader, exchange trading floor broker and 50-year member of the exchange. Tom Cashman’s contributions to the CBOT governance are numerous, including serving as chairman of the Floor Governors Committee and chair of the CBOT’s Ethics and Integrity Committee formed following the FBI Investigations of the futures markets in the late 1980s. He has been a member of the exchange since 1962. Published October 1, 2012. Watch at MarketsWiki.tv
Cashman graduated from Loras College.
- ↑ Taking Stock: Chicago's Trading History. Michigan Avenue.
- ↑ Board of Directors. 100 Club of Chicago.
- ↑ Thomas J. Cashman '56. Fenwick High School.
- ↑ Elocutionist Now Cashman's Biggest Commodity. Ocala Star Banner.
- ↑ Eugene Cashman, 78. Chicago Tribune.
- ↑ Cbot To Sow Seeds Of Futures Change?. Chicago Tribune.
- ↑ Cbot Directors Vote To Create Ethics Panel. Chicago Tribune.
- ↑ Betty’s Love in the News. Betty's Love Alzheimer's Charities.
- ↑ My Word Is My Bond: Voices from Inside the Chicago Board of Trade. John Wiley.
- ↑ Kevin Jamali of Auctos Capital Management has it going. John Lothian Newsletter.
- ↑ John Lothian Profiles: Tom Cashman. MarketsWiki.tv.