|Employer||European Securities and Markets Authority|
Prior to joining ESMA, Ross was director of the UK Financial Services Authority's International Division from October 2009 until May 2011.  She also served as a member of the FSA's executive committee and the executive policy and risk committees.
Before becoming FSA's international director, Ross was the director of the FSA's Strategy & Risk Division, which was responsible for leading the FSA's strategic approach to regulation and risk management, both domestically and internationally.
Ross began her career as an economist at the Bank of England prior to becoming a banking supervisor. From 1998 to 2000 ran the executive chairman’s office for Sir Howard Davies during the creation and early years of the FSA.
She was also briefly seconded as an advisor to the Securities and Futures Commission in Hong Kong in 2000.
- UK Regulator's Verena Ross Tapped For Top ESMA Post. Morningstar.
- Ross named director of new EU securities watchdog. Reuters.
- FSA's Ross to head new European watchdog. This is Money.
- Biography: Verena Ross. FSA UK.
- New director appointments at the FSA. CCL Compliance.
- Verena Ross, AIFMD Opening Remarks, November 10 2009. European Parliament.