William H. Gross
|William (Bill) H. Gross|
|Occupation||Founder, Co-Chief Investment Officer|
|Employer||Pacific Investment Management Co.|
William (Bill) H. Gross is chief investment officer and founder of the investment management firm Pacific Investment Management Co. (PIMCO). He is credited with bringing macroeconomic concepts to the management of fixed income assets. Gross is also chairman of the PIMCO Foundation, PIMCO's charitable giving arm.
Gross was the first portfolio manager inducted into the Fixed Income Analysts Society, Inc.'s FIASI hall of fame for his major contributions to the advancement of fixed-income analysis and portfolio management.
After receiving his undergraduate degree, Gross served as a naval officer on a destroyer off the coast of Vietnam.
Gross founded PIMCO in 1971 with only several million of assets. In the late 1990s, Gross authored Everything You’ve Heard About Investing is Wrong, published by Times Books/Random House  and Bill Gross on Investing, published by John Wiley & Sons.
- ↑ P&I at 30: The Difference Makers. Golaith/Pensions & Investments.
- ↑ How Main Street Will Profit. Washington Post.
- ↑ William H. Gross, CFA. PIMCO.
- ↑ FIA Announces Inductees to Futures Hall of Fame. Futures Industry Association.
- ↑ FIASI: Induction Speech for William H. Gross. FIASI.
- ↑ Amazon.com: Everything You've Heard About Investing is Wrong. Amazon.com.
- ↑ Amazon.com: Bill Gross on Investing. Amazon.com.
- ↑ Speaker Bios: William H. Gross, CFA. Asia Society.
- ↑ Pimco’s Gross Says ‘No Regrets’ Over Missing Short-Term Treasury Rally. Bloomberg.
- ↑ Bill Gross Sees Potential Dollar Crisis. WSJ.