|Founded||June 2, 2003|
|Key People||Joseph Guinan, CEO|
The firm emphasizes technology, credit/risk management, customizable back-office operations and personalized client services for institutions, hedge funds, CTAs, proprietary trading groups and professional traders. Advantage Futures' personnel provide technology-driven clearing and execution services for futures trading. Its services include a technology infrastructure with two trading facilities, server colocation at multiple data centers and a disaster recovery center. They also have a 24-hour Global Execution Desk and technology support, credit/risk management and operations support. The firm works with diverse institutional clients that utilize high volume execution.
Advantage Futures provides trading access to most domestic and foreign exchanges through both direct clearing memberships and correspondent broker relationships. Advantage is a clearing member or exchange member of the CME Group (including CME, CBOT, NYMEX, COMEX, KCBOT), NFX (Nasdaq Futures Exchange), ICE Futures U.S.,ICE Clear U.S., ICE Futures Europe, ICE Clear Europe, Options Clearing Corp, CBOE Futures Exchange, Dubai Mercantile Exchange as well as a foreign approved participant of the Montreal Exchange and non-clearing member of Eurex. Advantage also provides trading access to major Asian-Pacific exchanges through various correspondent broker relationships.
In 2016, the firm processed more than 252 million contracts. In 2015, Advantage Futures was listed in "Top 10 Brokerage Firms For Day Trading" by Investopedia.
- On April 11, 2017, Advantage Futures client funds topped $700 Million 
- On March 31, 2015, Advantage Futures and DWC entered into a spoofing surveillance software agreement. 
- On April 4, 2014, Advantage Futures announced that they had acquired all futures accounts from non-clearing futures commission merchant Institutional Liquidity LLC (ILQ). 
- On Apr. 3, 2013, Advantage Futures announced the move of the firm's Chicago headquarters to 231 South LaSalle Street in the city’s financial district.
- On Apr. 4, 2011, Advantage Futures announced that client funds held by the firm attained a record level in excess of $500 million.
- On Dec. 15, 2010, ELX Futures, L.P. announced that Advantage Futures would become an authorized participant and offer Futures Commission Merchant services for ELX.
- On Nov. 9, 2010, Advantage Futures began offering cross-connect access to NYSE Liffe from its Equinix Frankfurt data center. The move enabled NYSE Liffe traders to utilize the Advantage Futures cross-connect for lower latency access to the Liffe global derivatives trading platform.
- On Apr. 13, 2009, Advantage Futures announced it had been approved by the CBOE Futures Exchange (CFE) as a clearing member.
- On Feb. 17, 2009, Advantage Futures introduced a new server hosting data center at Equinix in Franfurt, Germany, in addition to its current data centers located in Chicago and Houston. The new data center provides Advantage clients direct connection to Eurex exchange.
- On July 24, 2008, Advantage Futures signed a software license agreement for a full installation from Patsystems. The installation enabled Advantage Futures to offer Patsystems’ front-ends, including Patsystems Pro-Mark and Patsystems J-Trader. The installation also provided Advantage Futures with global connectivity to derivatives markets including the CME Group, Eurex, and Liffe exchanges.
- On June 4, 2008, Advantage Futures announced it had been approved for membership with ICE Clear U.S..
- On June 23, 2005 Advantage Futures and Trading Technologies International, Inc. announced they had reached an agreement ensuring that there were not issues between the parties regarding TT's MD Trader patents. As part of the agreement, Advantage agreed to honor TT’s MD Trader patents and agreed to only use the static ladder order entry technology provided by TT or its licensed sources. TT agreed to absolve Advantage and its customers from liability for very limited past infringement.
- Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Joseph Guinan
- Chief Compliance Officer, Lisa Jones
- Chief Risk Officer, Philip Zacharski
- Chief Technology Officer, Thomas Guinan
- Chief Financial Officer, Jim Haney
- Chief Marketing Officer, Shery Johnson
- President, Institutional Sales, Michael McLaughlin
- Executive Vice President, Business Development Manager, William Harrington
- Executive Vice President, Business Development, Michael O’Malley
- Operations Manager, Philip Singer
National Futures Association Registration
- ADVANTAGE FUTURES LLC - NFA ID: 0327359
- The Advantage. Advantage Futures.
- The Advantage. Advantage Futures.
- Top 30 Brokers. Futures Magazine.
- By The Numbers. Advantage Futures.
- Advantage Futures Client Funds Top $700 Million. Advantage Futures.
- Advantage Futures and DWC Enter Into Global Quote Spoofing Surveillance Software Agreement. Advantage Futures.
- Advantage Futures Acquires All Futures Accounts from ILQ. Advantage Futures.
- Advantage Futures Moves Chicago Headquarters to Accommodate Business Growth. Advantage Futures.
- Advantage Futures Joins Patsystems XConnect. Patsystems.
- Advantage Futures Client Funds Surpass $500 Million. Advantage Futures.
- Advantage Futures Partners with ELX to Offer FCM Services. Advantage Futures.
- Advantage Futures Brings Liffe to Frankfurt. Advantage Futures.
- Advantage Futures Announces Approval of CFE Clearing Membership. Advantage Futures.
- Advantage Futures Announces Approval of NYMEX and COMEX Clearing Memberships. Advantage Futures.
- Advantage Futures Announces New Equinix Frankfurt Data Cenger. Advantage Futures.
- Advantage Futures is Now Live with Patsystems. Advantage Futures.
- Advantage Futures Announces ICE Clear U.S. Membership. Advantage Futures.