Andrea Pignataro is the founder and CEO of ION Trading.
Pignataro spent his early career as a bond trader before he founded ION Trading, a global provider of multi-asset class trading software, in 1999. He sold 30 percent of the company to TA Associates in 2004.
As of 2016, it was thought that he still retained a vast majority of the shares of the company, with the amount owned by TA Associates dropping to about 10 percent of the company. 
- ↑ Andrea Pignataro. Bloomberg.
- ↑ Welsh, Carson, Expected to Fundraise Later this Year, Finds Buyer for Triple Point. Reuters PE HUB.
- ↑ TA Associates Invests EUR 35 Million in ION Trading Group. BusinessWire.
- ↑ TA Associates puts ION Trading stake up for sale: UPDATED. Buyouts.
- ↑ Andrew Delaney: A Glimpse into the Mysterious World of ION Trading. IntelligentTradingTechnology.
- ↑ Patsystems gets approach from Ion Trading. Financial Times.
We visit more than 100 websites daily for financial news (Would YOU do that?). Read the John Lothian Newsletter.