He is also a former co-CEO of Deutsche Bank. He was appointed to that role in August of 2011. His responsibilities included overseeing the operational side of the bank's business. He resigned from the company effective June 2015, after a series of financial missteps and regulatory penalties at the bank. His co-CEO, Juergen Fitschen, also resigned.
Jain oversaw a period of rapid growth at Deutsche Bank, particularly in the markets business where he started his career.
Jain was born in India but has become a UK citizen. His background includes growing a powerful investment bank franchise generating 75% of the company's profits. 
Jain has extensive experience working with political entities He has served as a member of the Indian prime minister's working group on inward investments and as a member of Deutsche Bank's team advising the British Treasury on financial stability. He was also one of the businessmen who accompanied UK Prime Minister David Cameron on a networking tour of India, in July 2011.
Jain graduated from the University of Delhi and went on to receive his MBA from the University of Massachusetts.
- press release. Cantor Fitzgerald.
- Deutsche Bank Co-CEOs Jain and Fitschen Resign. The Wall Street Journal.
- Anshu Jain Joins Cantor Fitzgerald as President Amid Growth Push. The Financial Times.
- When two heads might just be better than one. Belfast Telegraph.
- Deutsche Bank's Anshu Jain Sees Execution as his Forte. IBN LIVE.