Association for Financial Markets in Europe
|Association for Financial Markets in Europe|
|Key People||Adam Farkas Chief Executive; Michael Cole-Fontayn, Chairman|
The Association for Financial Markets in Europe (AFME) is the chief policy advocate for participants in Europe's wholesale financial markets and represents global and European banks and other institutions. The AFME conducts lobbying, education, communication and policy development efforts on behalf of financial market participants in such areas as prudential regulation, foreign exchange, taxation and securitization.
In November 2009, the Association for Financial Markets in Europe was launched as a result of the merger of the London Investment Banking Association and the European operation of the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association. 
The merger also integrated former affiliates including:
European Covered Bond Dealers Association (ECBDA) - now a part of AFME's Credit division. European High Yield Association (EHYA) - now a part of AFME's High Yield division. European Primary Dealers Association (EPDA) - now a part of AFME's Rates division. European Primary Markets Division (EPMD) - now a part of AFME's Equity Capital Markets division. European Securitisation Forum (ESF) - now a part of AFME's Securitisation division. European Securities Services Forum (ESSF) - now a part of AFME's Post Trade division.
AFME, SIFMA and its Asian affiliate ASIFMA, now make up the Global Financial Markets Association (GFMA), which represents the common interests of the world’s leading financial and capital market participants and speaks for the industry on the most important global market issues.
AFME represents a broad array of global and European participants in the wholesale financial markets. The association's 197 members comprise key global and regional banks, brokers, law firms and other financial institutions.
Senior Management Team:
- Adam Farkas, CEO (starting in February 2020)
- Simon Lewis Chief Executive
- James Kemp, Managing Director
- Lizzie Goodburn, Chief of Staff
- Michael Lever, Head of Prudential regulation
- Paul McGhee, Director of Strategy
- Beverley Vince, HR and Operations Director
- Rick Watson, Head of Capital Markets
- Tanguy van de Werve, Managing Director
- Andrew Harvey, Managing Director - Europe
- April Day, Managing Director
- Gary Simmons, Managing Director
- Jacqueline Mills, Director
- Jouni Aaltonen, Director
- Julian Allen-Ellis, Director
- Mark Bearman, Director
- Oliver Moullin, Head of Recovery and Resolution and General Counsel
- Pablo Portugal, Director
- Pedro Pinto, Director
- Richard Hopkin, Managing Director and Head of Fixed Income
- Richard Middleton, Managing Director
- Sahir Akbar, Director
- Stephen Burton, Managing Director
- Victoria Webster, Director
- Werner Frey, Managing Director
- Will Dennis, Managing Director
Board of Directors:
- Michael Cole-Fontayn, BNY Mellon, Chairman, EMEA - Chair
- Kostas Pantazopoulos, Goldman Sachs, Managing Director - Vice Chair
- Guy America, J.P. Morgan, Co-Head of Global Credit, Securitised Products and Public Finance - Vice Chair
- Jennifer Taylor, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Chief Operating Officer EMEA
- Nat Tyce, Barclays, Co-head of Macro Trading
- Olivier Osty, BNP Paribas, Executive Head of Global Markets
- Ricardo Laiseca, BBVA, Head of Global Finance
- Leonardo Arduini, Citi, Head of EMEA Markets & Securities Services
- Isabelle Girolami, Crédit Agricole CIB, Head of Global Markets ,
- Eraj Shirvani, Credit Suisse, Global Head of Fixed Income Emerging Markets, Head of Fixed Income, EMEA
- John Pipilis, Deutsche Bank, Co-head of Global Credit Trading
- Patrick George, HSBC, Head of Global Markets EMEA & Global Head of Equities
- Philippe Follebouckt, ING, Managing Director, Head of Financial Markets Belux, Head of FM Network
- Gianluca Cugno, Intesa Sanpaolo, Head of International Department
- Clare Francis, Lloyds Banking Group, Managing Director, Head of Global Corporate Banking
- Clare Woodman, Morgan Stanley, Chief Operating Officer, International
- James Lancaster, Nomura,Global Markets CAO and GM EMEA COO
- Scott Satriano, NatWest Markets, Managing Director, Head of Financing & Risk Solutions
- Frank Drouet, Société Générale, Head of Global Markets
- David Soanes, UBS, Group Managing Director, Global Head of Financial Institutions, Investment Bank UK Country Head
- Guy Laffineur, UniCredit, Global Head of Markets
- Eddy Wymeersch, European Advisor and Non-Executive Director
- Who We Are. Association for Financial Markets in Europe.
- Mission. Association for Financial Markets in Europe.
- Press Releases. Association for Financial Markets in Europe.
- About GFMA. GFMA.
- European Banking Authority director appointed CEO of AFME. The Trade.
- Association for Financial Markets in Europe launches following merger of leading financial trade associations. www.complinet.com.