|Headquarters||Virginia Beach, VA|
|Key People||Fred Grede, Chief Executive Officer|
Bcause, LLC is a Designated Contract Market (DCM) that enables users to legally invest in regulated futures and options for bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
Bcause secured a $5 million Series A funding from SBI Holdings in October of 2017, and SBI took a 40 percent stake in the company.
Bcause was one of 20 companies chosen to exhibit in the Innovators Pavilion at the 33rd Annual FIA Expo in Chicago in 2017. The Innovators Pavilion showcased startup companies providing forward-thinking solutions for the futures, options and cleared swaps industry.
In the spring of 2018 Bcause raised $5 million in new funding. It added China Health Checkmate in October 2018 as a "substantial" equity holder to help Bcause open its exchange and work on an Asia initiative to create new exchanges and asset-backed payment products. 
Products and Services
- Bitcoin Mining
- Spot Trading - bcause plans to offer cryptocurrency exchange for Fiat currency and U.S. Dollars by May of 2018.
- Frederick J. Grede, Chief Executive Officer
- William Boyk, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Regulatory Officer
- Mike Adolphi, Chief Technology Officer
- Thomas Flake, Founder and Chief Marketing Officer
- BCause LLC Selects Connamara Systems as Technology Platform for new Bitcoin Exchange. Bob's Guide.
- SBI Holdings acquires 40% stake in bitcoin options firm bcause LLC. bcause and SBI.
- bcause chosen for the FIA Expo. bcause.
- China Health Checkmate Commits to Initial Series B Funding for Bcause LLC. Press Release.
- Bitcoin Mining Firm Bcause Raises $5 Million As Cryptocurrency Recovers From Recent Lows. Crunchbase News.