Bill Sexton is the former CEO and head of Americas of Newedge USA, LLC.
At Refco, Sexton served as executive vice president and chief operating officer, then subsequently as acting CEO after announcing plans to retire. He was named acting CEO on October 10, 2010 after news of the scandal that led to its bankruptcy was made public and Refco CEO Phillip Bennett stepped down.
Sexton subsequently settled claims against for the Refco collapse for $2.05 million in 2010. He did not admit to any liability in settling a fraud lawsuit, and agreed to forfeit the $2,050,000 on the understanding that the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York would request that the forfeited funds be made available to innocent victims of the Refco fraud to compensate their losses.
- Board Members. Futures Industry Association.
- Job Moves: Who is hiring and where. Financial Times.
- Insiders Collected $1 Billion Before Refco Collapse. New York Times.
- Ex-Refco Executives Were Co-Conspirators, U.S. Says. Bloomberg.
- Refco's CEO on leave after $430M debt issue raised. USA Today.
- Business Briefs. New York Post.
- $2 million settlement in Refco fraud case. Empire State News.
- Man Group wins Refco LLC auction. MarketWatch.
- Refco Hires Dangremond as Interim Chief; Sexton Quits. Bloomberg.