|Global Association of Central Counterparties (CCP12)|
CCP12 was formed in 2001 by major central counterparty organizations in Europe, Asia and the Americas to share information and develop analysis and policy standards for common areas of concern.
The group frequently invites regulators and representatives from other clearing and settlement organizations, exchanges and marketplaces, financial firms and other industry associations around the world to join its meetings. Over the years, CCP12 has held meetings in places including Seoul, South Korea, Boston, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
Products and Services
According to CCP12's mission statement, members of CCP12 work together on issues of mutual interest and benefit to minimize global systemic risk and enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of international markets. To this end, CCP12 members collaboratively share information, develop analysis and position papers, and add to global industry and regulatory consultation and debate in order to promote development and adoption of best of breed standards and practices in CCP risk management and operational activities.
- Australian Securities Exchange
- Brazilian Clearing and Depository Corporation
- Brazilian Mercantile & Futures Exchange
- Canadian Depository for Securities Ltd.
- Canadian Derivatives Clearing Corporation
- Cassa di Compensazione e Garanzia S.p.A.
- The Clearing Corporation of India
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- The Clearing Corporation
- The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation
- Eurex Zurich AG
- Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd.
- Japan Securities Clearing Corporation
- LCH.Clearnet Group Limited
- Korea Exchange
- National Securities Clearing Corporation Limited
- The Options Clearing Corporation
- Singapore Exchange Limited/The Central Depository (Pte) Limited
- S.D. Indeval
- Tokyo Stock Exchange
On May 4 of 2011, the members of CCP12 elected a new chair, two vice-chairs and nine ordinary executive committee members at its annual general meeting.
Elected office-bearers of the association (who also serve on the executive committee are as follows:
- Luis Jorge Pelayo, Indeval (Mexico) - Chair
- Siddharta Roy, CCIL (India)- Vice-Chair
- Marcus Zickwolff, Eurex Group (Germany)- Vice-Chair
Elected ordinary executive committee members are:
- Rory Cunningham, LCH.Clearnet (UK);
- Takeshi Hirano, JSCC/TSE (Japan);
- Paul Jones, ASX (Australia);
- Kevin King, HKEx (Hong Kong);
- Dale Michaels, CME Group (USA);
- Johan Rudén, NASDAQ OMX (Sweden);
- Andrew Simpson, DTCC (USA);
- Luis Vicente, BM&F Bovespa (Brazil); and
- Mike Walinskas, OCC (USA)