CME Group Trading Challenge
The CME Group Trading Challenge is a four-week electronic trading competition involving teams of undergraduate and graduate students. The teams trade a variety of CME Group products in a simulated environment on a real-team trading platform provided by CQG.
About the CompetitionThe competition is held annually, with the number of participating schools increasing each year. In 2014, 385 teams representing 207 schools from 31 countries participated. The Trading Challenge gives students the opportunity to learn hands on techniques for trading futures. The top ranking students are eligible for cash prizes and exclusive CME Group experiences.
More information about the competition can be found on its official website.
Championship Round Daily Standings
- 2017 Championship Round Results
- 2017 CME Group Championship Round Daily Standings – 02/27 – 03/09
Preliminary Round Daily Standings
- FINAL PRELIMINARY ROUND STANDINGS – FEBRUARY 24, 2017
- 2017 CME Group Preliminary Round Daily Standings – 02/14 - 02/22
2017 Competition Dates
- Practice Round Begins Tuesday, January 17 @ 8:00 a.m. CT
- Concludes Monday, February 13 @ Market Close
- Preliminary Round Begins Tuesday, February 14 @ 8:00 a.m. CT
- Concludes Thursday, February 23 @ Market Close
- The top 10% of teams with the highest account balance at the close on Thursday, February 23 will advance to the Final Round.
- Final Round Begins Monday, February 27 @ Market Open
- Concludes Friday, March 10 @ Market Close
- CME Group Trading Challenge. CME Group.
- 2017 Championship Round Results. CME Group.
- 2017 CME Group Championship Round Daily Standings – 02/27 – 03/09. CME Group.
- FINAL PRELIMINARY ROUND STANDINGS – FEBRUARY 24, 2017. CME Group.}
- 2017 CME Group Preliminary Round Daily Standings – 02/14 - 02/22. CME Group.