|Key People||Charles Marston, Founder, Chairman and CEO|
Calypso Technology is a U.S.-based software and service provider for the capital markets, specializing in trading, risk management and trade processing for exchanges, banks, clearing firms, asset managers, hedge funds and insurance companies.  The firm was founded in 1997 as a provider of technology for the OTC derivatives market. After the passage of the Dodd-Frank Act in the U.S., and its mandate that swaps trades be cleared through central counterparties, Calypso became a significant player in the exchange space.
Calypso has won business from some of the biggest clearing houses and banks, including CME Group, Singapore Exchange, Eurex, Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing, Citigroup and RBS, and now operates out of 17 offices across the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
In June, 2012, Calypso partnered with the technology firm, AcadiaSoft Inc., to incorporate its margin automation, electronic messaging and workflow software into Calypso's collateral management solution systems.  The move came as a response to members of the 20 most influential countries, the G20, called for requiring increased collateral in clearing OTC Derivatives.
In April 2017 Calypso Technology partnered with the blockchain consortium R3 to provide five financial institutions with trade matching services, integrating Calypso’s cloud application and R3’s blockchain powered Corda platform to carry out real-time trade matching tests across four time zones.
Products and Services
Calypso's platform integrates all three levels of a trading organization - front-, middle- and back-office.
- Charles Marston, founder, chairman and CEO;
- Kishore Bopardikar, founder and CEO;
- Pascal Xatart, president
- Gerard Rafie, senior vice president, product management;
- Tej Sidhu, senior vice president, engineering.
- Sanela Hodzic, managing director, strategy and business development
- Overview. calypso.com.
- Suitors circle as Calypso owners seek exit route. Financial News.
- CME Uses Calypso For Swap Clearing. FOW.
- Calypso and AcadiaSoft merge collateral Products. bobsguide.com.
- Calypso and R3 partner for blockchain trade matching. The Trade News.