Daniel B. Stern
|Daniel B. Stern|
|Employer||Stern Investment Advisors|
Stern founded Stern Investment Advisors, LLC in 2004. The firm offers services to a select group of high net-worth individuals, including owners of closely-held businesses, professional athletes and active stock and commodities traders.
Previously, he spent four years as a financial advisor for Morgan Stanley. Additionally, before joining Morgan Stanley, he was a registered representative for Securities America, Inc., a subsidiary of American Express Financial Advisors.
He was a member the Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) from 1975 and active in its internal governance prior to its becoming a public company. He served on the CBOT Real Estate, Project A (electronic trading) and Arbitration committees.
Also, he was a member of the Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE) from 1988 to 2009.
Stern was an executive with Lee B. Stern & Company, Inc., a CBOT clearing firm founded by his father Lee, when in October of 1992 it was the victim of an unauthorized trading scheme perpetrated by two floor traders, that cost the firm $8.6 million. Stern & Company fulfilled all financial obligations to the Board of Trade Clearing Corporation (BOTCC), but subsequently voluntarily withdrew as a clearing member firm as a condition of its return to the CBOT after initially being suspended by the exchange.
For 18 years, Stern was an executive vice president of Lee B. Stern and Company, a CBOT member and clearing firm. He also served as executive vice president of LBS Limited Partnership for 12 years, a non-clearing member firm of the CBOT.
He holds a bachelor of arts degree from the University of Arizona.
John Lothian News Interview
- Five Minutes with Dan Stern of Stern Investment Advisors. John Lothian News.
- Thursday, March 17, 2011. John Lothian News.
- Daniel Stern, Financial Services Industry Veteran Formerly with Morgan Stanley and CBOT/CBOE Member, Opens Stern Advisors For Family Businesses, Pro Athletes, Traders, Legal Settlements. Stern Investment Advisors, LLC.
- Five Petition Candidates Added to CBOT Election Ballot. Grainnet.
- RIA started.(At Press Time)(Daniel Stern starts Stern Investment Advisors L.L.C., registered investment advisor). Futures Magazine.
- Stern & Co. Returns To Cbot Fold. Chicago Tribune.
- Cbot Bans Firm`s Execs Over Spree. Chicago Tribune.
- Investment Advisor’s First-Hand Experience with Family Businesses, Commodities, Sports. Stern Investment Advisors.