Fidelity National Information Services (FIS)
|Fidelity National Information Services (FIS)|
|Key People||Gary Norcross, President and CEO; James Woodall, CFO; Andrew Whyte, Group President, Post Trade Services|
|Products||Banking and payments technology, services and consulting|
Fidelity National Information Services (FIS) is a financial services technology company specializing with a focus on retail and institutional banking, capital markets, payments, asset and wealth management, risk & compliance, consulting and outsourcing.
The firm was incorporated in 2001, but traces its roots back to 1968.
Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS has more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. It is a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500 Index.
The Company operates through four segments:
- Financial Solutions Group (FSG), which specializes in processing, technology, and outsourcing for financial institutions;
- Payment Solutions Group (PSG), which provides services and software for the electronic funds transfer (EFT), card processing, item processing, bill payment, and government payments processing; *International Solutions Group (ISG), which offers banking applications, channel solutions, debit/credit/and prepaid card and merchant services, wealth management services, item processing and check risk management solutions, and
- Corporate and Other.
The company was founded in 1968 as Systematics, which was later acquired by ALLTEL Information Services. In 2003, ALLTEL was acquired by the title insurance giant Fidelity National Financial and renamed Fidelity Information Services (FIS). Over the course of the next few years, FIS acquired several other financial services technology firms, including Certegy (2006), eFunds (2007) and Metavante (2009). These acquisitions broadened its reach across the globe, earned FIS a place on the Fortune 500 listing, and positioned the company as the largest technology provider to the global financial industry.
Products and Services
FIS's middle-office platform is called Clearvision.
Its back-office offering covers real-time back-office processing, life cycle events and end-of-day/end-of-market events.
- Gary Norcross, President and Chief Executive Officer
- Andrew Whyte, Group President, Post Trade Services
- John Omahen, Head of Product Strategy