Fidelity National Information Services (FIS)
|Fidelity National Information Services (FIS)|
|Key People||Gary Norcross, President and CEO; James Woodall, CFO|
|Products||Banking and payments technology, services and consulting|
Fidelity National Information Services (FIS) is a financial services technology company with a focus on retail and institutional banking, capital markets, payments, asset and wealth management, risk & compliance, consulting and outsourcing.
The firm was incorporated in 2001, but it traces its roots back to 1968.
Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS has more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. It is a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500 Index.
The company operates through four segments:
- Financial Solutions Group (FSG), which specializes in processing, technology, and outsourcing for financial institutions;
- Payment Solutions Group (PSG), which provides services and software for the electronic funds transfer (EFT), card processing, item processing, bill payment, and government payments processing;
- International Solutions Group (ISG), which offers banking applications, channel solutions, debit/credit/and prepaid card and merchant services, wealth management services, item processing and check risk management solutions; and
- Corporate and Other.
FIS was founded in 1968 as Systematics, which was later acquired by ALLTEL Information Services. In 2003, ALLTEL was acquired by the title insurance giant Fidelity National Financial and renamed Fidelity Information Services (FIS). Over the course of the next few years, FIS acquired several other financial services technology firms, including Certegy (2006), eFunds (2007) and Metavante (2009). These acquisitions broadened its reach across the globe, earned FIS a place on the Fortune 500 listing, and positioned the company as the largest technology provider to the global financial industry.
Products and Services
UBIX is a real time back office system for cleared derivatives that facilitates global clearing for both sell side and buy side firms across the financial industry.
Clearvision provides a single platform for global trade processing, eliminating the need for multiple systems or installations and providing access to all of the firm's cleared trade activity in one place.
GMI provides a single platform for global processing, providing access to all of a customer’s information in one place
IntelliMatch Derivatives provides fully automated reconciliations of exchange traded derivatives (ETD) and OTC derivatives activity against exchanges, central counterparties (CCPs) and clearing brokers.
Margin Advisor is an stand-alone initial margin calculator that provides real-time portfolio margining for clients as well as risk team operators.
- Gary Norcross, President and Chief Executive Officer
- James "Woody" Woodall, Chief Financial Officer
- Greg Montana, Chief Risk Officer
- Bruce Lowthers, Chief Operating Officer, Integrated Financial Solutions
- Marianne Brown, Chief Operating Officer, Global Financial Solutions
- Ido Gileadi, Chief Information Officer
- Ellyn Raftery, Chief Marketing and Strategy Officer
- Marc Mayo, Chief Legal Officer
- Denise Williams, Chief People Officer
- Peter Gunnlaugsson, Senior Vice President, Investor Relations
- Katy Thompson, Chief Accounting Officer