International Derivatives Clearing Group, LLC
|International Derivatives Clearing Group|
|Key People||Founder and Chairman of the Board, Vincent Viola;Chief Executive Officer, Garry N. O’Connor|
|Products||Central Clearing for Interest Rate Derivatives|
International Derivatives Clearing Group (IDCG) offers a central clearinghouse for over-the-counter (OTC) interest rate swaps (IRS) in a regulated futures environment. IDCG is owned by LCH.Clearnet Group Limited, who acquired the company from The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. and other investors in August 2012. IDCG was subsequently renamed LCH.Clearnet (US) LLC. 
IDCG's subsidiary, International Derivatives Clearinghouse (IDCH), is a CFTC-regulated derivatives clearing organization that provides a transparent forum to clear and settle Interest Rate Derivatives. IDCH uses the Exchange of Futures for Swaps (EFS) function to convert OTC derivative contracts into economically equivalent futures contracts. IDCG claims that by utilizing the EFS process, IDCG is able to provide customers the benefits of central clearing while maintaining the principles and economics of the OTC market.
The NFX platform utilizes NASDAQ OMX Click XT matching technology and the IDCH platform is built on a combination of NASDAQ OMX SECUR clearing technology and Razor Risk technology. Together, IDCG and NFX plan to launch additional IRS products, reducing systemic risk in the OTC markets.
- March 2007 -- IDCG is founded by Vincent Viola and John Shay
- March 2007 to September 2008 - Senior management team is assembled: Michael Dundon, Gerry Lawlor, Alan Sobba, Robert C. Push, Jeffrey Tannenbaum, and Gerard Kopera
- May 2008 -- NASDAQ OMX becomes strategic partner and investor
- June 2008 -- Razor Risk Technologies becomes risk management partner
- August 2008 -- IDCG files DCO application with the CFTC
- December 2008 -- IDCG Clearinghouse goes live. NASDAQ OMX becomes majority stakeholder in IDCG
- June 2009 -- Bank of New York Mellon Corp. acquires a minority stake in IDCG.
- June 2009 -- Shadow Clearing is Launched
- September 2009 -- Shadow Clearing volumes exceed $1 Trillion
- December 2009 -- Shadow Clearing volumes exceed $3 Trillion
- January 2010 -- IDCG appoints Garry N. O’Connor as CEO of IDCG
- April 2010 -- IDCG announces new clearing products:
US Dollar Interest Rate Swap vs. 1 Month Floating Rate
US Dollar Forward Start Interest Rate Swap vs. 1 Month Floating Rate
US Dollar Overnight Index Swap
US Dollar 1 Month Forward Rate Agreement (FRA)
US Dollar 3 Month Forward Rate Agreement (FRA)
- September 2010 -- State Street Global Markets becomes IDCG Clearinghouse (IDCH) member.
- June 2011 -- IDCG enhances clearing platform
Products and Services
IDCG’s centrally cleared IRS futures contracts are economically equivalent to plain vanilla IRS contracts traded in the OTC market. Currently IDCG is able to clear spot, aged, and forward starting US Dolllar denominated plain vanilla interest rate swaps out to a 30 year maturity. Customers are able to trade these contracts bilaterally in the OTC market and then give up the trade to IDCH through a Web portal known as SwapDrop.com.
On Apr. 28, 2010, IDCG announced that it would clear the following over-the-counter (OTC) interest rate derivative products through its clearinghouse: US Dollar Interest Rate Swap vs. 1 Month Floating Rate, US Dollar Forward Start Interest Rate Swap vs. 1 Month Floating Rate, US Dollar Overnight Index Swap (OIS), US Dollar 1 Month Forward Rate Agreement (FRA) and US Dollar 3 Month Forward Rate Agreement (FRA).
- Vincent Viola – Founder and Non-Executive Chairman
- John Shay – Founder and Chief Marketing Officer
- Garry N. O’Connor – Chief Executive Officer
- Michael Dundon – Chief Risk Officer
- Alan Sobba - Chief Policy and Communications Officer
- Robert C. Push - Treasurer
- CFTC Requests Public Comment on Application by International Derivatives Clearinghouse, LLC for Registration as a Derivatives Clearing Organization
- LCH.Clearnet Group Acquires IDCG. LCH.Clearnet Group.
- About ICDG. IDCG.
- International Derivatives Clearing Group LLC. LinkedIn.
- Services. IDCG.
- IDCG Announces Appointment of Garry N. O’Connor as CEO of IDCG. IDCG.
- [http://idcg.com/pdfs/idcg_news/IDCG%20New%20Product%20Press%20Release.pdf IDCG Announces New Products Eligible for Clearing NEW]. IDCG.
- IDCG Announces State Street Global Markets to become New IDCG Clearinghouse Member. IDCG.
- IDCG Platform Enhancements‐June 2011. IDCG.