|Founded||August 5, 2013|
|Key People||Gary Katz, President and CEO, ISE|
ISE Gemini is the name of the International Securities Exchange's second options exchange that launched on August 5, 2013. It was approved by the SEC on July 29, 2013. ISE Gemini is a complementary platform that runs "side-by-side" with the ISE's current options platform. ISE Gemini also uses the exchange’s existing technology backbone and established member connectivity.  
The initial market structure is almost identical to the ISE's, but with a different fee structure. It offers maker-taker pricing combined with a pro-rata and customer priority structure.
ISE Gemini launched trading with six symbols -- Walt Disney Co. (DIS), NetApp Inc. (NTAP), Texas Instruments Inc. (TXN), Goldcorp Inc. (GG), NVIDIA Corp. (NVDA), and Dow Chemical Co. (DOW) -- and plans to add additional products over the next several weeks until it has ultimately listed all of the most active options classes.
The exchange rolled out 200 additional products on September 30, 2013. ISE Gemini now lists all options classes included in the penny pilot and the most active non-penny pilot names and lists approximately 500 total products that together represent over ninety percent of equity and ETF options industry volume. 
The exchange aimed to attract “incremental business” by offering an alternative in a way that didn't cannibalize the ISE’s volume.
ISE originally filed with the SEC to launch the exchange under the working title "Topaz". The new name, "Gemini" was announced on April 11, 2013. It was chosen through an internal committee after Project Gemini, NASA’s second human spaceflight program. 
In addition to being ISE's second options exchange, ISE Gemini is the 12th for the U.S. options market.
Starting January 2, 2015, ISE Gemini introduced a new “flat” pricing structure for price improvement mechanism (PIM) auctions. With the new model, both PIM auction initiators and responders will pay the same fee of $0.05 per contract. Priority customers on the originating side of a PIM order will continue to be free.
John Lothian Newsletter: Interview with ISE's Boris Ilyevsky
- SEC Approves ISE’s Form 1 Application for ISE Gemini™. International Securities Exchange.
- ISE Targets Launch for New Options Exchange. Dow Jones Newswires.
- ISE Introduces ISE Gemini, its New Options Exchange. ISE.
- ISE Gemini Announces Successful Launch. ISE.
- ISE Gemini Rolls Out 200 Additional Products. ISE.
- ISE Topaz Venue Would Increase American Options Exchanges to 12. Bloomberg News.
- Topaz Exchange, LLC; Notice of Filing of Application for Registration. SEC.
- One Giant Step for ISE by Gary Katz. The John Lothian Newsletter.
- ISE Receives SEC Approval for ISE Gemini Form 1 Application. The Options Insider.
- ISE Gemini Introduces Flat Pricing for Price Improvement Auctions. ISE.