Ian Axe is the former chief executive of LCH.Clearnet who replaced Roger Liddell in April of 2011. Two months after the London Stock Exchange Group acquired a 58 percent interest in LCH.Clearnet in May 2013, Axe announced he would be stepping down as CEO as soon as a replacement is selected. On September 26, 2013, the company announced that Michael Davie would replace Axe.
Axe joined LCH.Clearnet from Barclays Capital, where he was most recently global head of operations and COO for Europe, the Middle East and Africa. In this role, he was responsible for a variety of initiatives, including the creation of Barclays Wealth. He was also involved with the integration of assets of Lehman Brothers that Barclays acquired after Lehman declared bankruptcy in the fall of 2008.
Before Barclays, Axe was with consulting firm Booz Allen Hamilton, where he was a principal in the financial services practice, advising leading financial institutions on strategic issues.
Axe holds a bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Systems Engineering and a master's degree in Business and Operations Management. 
- SmartBrief interview: LCH.Clearnet CEO Ian Axe (March 2012)
- Meet the new chief executive of LCH.Clearnet: Ian Axe. eFinancial News.
- Ian Axe quits LCH.Clearnet. Financial Times.
- LCH.Clearnet reshuffles management amid chief search. Financial Times.
- LCH.Clearnet names Barclays man Ian Axe as new CEO. Reuters.
- LCH appoints Barclays' Ian Axe as ceo. Metal Bulletin.
- LCH.Clearnet Group Limited Board of Directors. LCH.Clearnet.