Japan Exchange Group Inc.
|Japan Exchange Group|
|Key People||Akira Kiyota, CEO|
Japan Exchange Group (JPX) is the holding company created by the merger of the Tokyo Stock Exchange (TSE) and Osaka Securities Exchange (OSE), completed in January 2013. The TSE offers cash equities while the OSE operates derivatives trading.
JPX integrated the derivatives market operated by Tokyo Stock Exchange into that of Osaka Exchange (formerly Osaka Securities Exchange), and all trading operations were consolidated onto J-GATE. The combined exchange offers derivatives products based on the Nikkei 225, TOPIX, and Japanese government bonds on a single platform. 
The exchange was ranked 16th in the world based on derivatives volume in 2017, according the Futures Industry Association Annual Volume Survey. The exchange reported derivatives volume of 322.4 million contracts in 2017, down 4.5 percent from the previous year.
Japan Exchange Group went public via a stock swap and listed on the TSE January 4, 2013. Shares of the stock fell 9.4 percent on its first day, ranking it tenth among global exchange groups. 
As of March 2014, the exchange ranked 14th globally in derivatives trading volume with 366 million contracts traded in 2013, based on the combined figures for the two previous entities, according to the Futures Industry Association.
Products and Services
JPX launched trading in S&P CNX Nifty Index futures on March 24, 2014, along with futures on the Nikkei 225 Index.  It also plans to offer 20-year Japanese government bond futures starting April 7.
Osaka Exchange launched the J-GATE platform on July 19, 2016.
- Akira Kiyota, Director & Representative Executive Officer, Group CEO
|Year||Total Annual Volume*||Percent Change|
- Tokyo and Osaka Bourses Merge as Japan Exchange Group. Waters Technology.
- Bright Futures for Japan's Unified Futures?. The Wall Street Journal.
- Integration of Derivatives Market at JPX. JPX.
- FIA 2017 volume survey. FIA.
- Japan ‘super-bourse’ makes rocky start. The Financial Times.
- Japan Exchange Group to Be Launched Tues., Uniting TSE, OSE. JIJI Press.
- New Year's Message From Japan Exchange Group CEO, Atsushi Saito. MondoVisione.
- TSE faces international challenge. The Japan News.
- Agreement on Launch of S&P CNX Nifty Futures in Japan. JPX Press Release.
- Bright Future for Japan’s Unified Futures?. WSJ.
- The Release of New Derivatives Trading Platform "J-GATE". Japan Exchange Group.