Javier Tordable is an industry executive hired by Deutsche Boerse in April 2014 to lead its partnership with the Bombay Stock Exchange. He is responsible for managing Deutsche Boerse’s relationship with the Indian exchange, of which it owns a 5% stake.
Tordable is the founder of PAVE Platform S.A., and was previously its CEO. He was a senior advisor to the board at Eurex - Deutsche Boerse from April 2007 to August 2010. Earlier he was the CEO of the fixed income market MTS Spain with the London Stock Exchange Group before going on to set up Spain’s first emissions exchange, SENDECO2, in 2005.
From February 1999 to March 2001, Tordable was the head of sales for the South Europe and USA divisions at Eurex - Deutsche Boerse. He began his career in January 1997 as a corporate key account manager at Deutsche Bank.
- Global CEO Program, Global Management & Leadership Program, Wharton (2012 - anticipated)
- EMBA, Master in Business Administration, IE Business School (2004)
- Finance Program, Corporate Financial Strategy in Global Markets, INSEAD (2003)
- Seminar, Strategic Thinking for the New Economy, University of Chicago Graduate School of Business (2000)
- Master of Science, Banking and Finance, Universitat Pompeu Fabra (1997)
- Bachelor, Economics, Universitat de Barcelona (1996)
John Lothian News Interview
Cinnober CEO Javier Tordable Discusses the Company’s Recent Partnerships
Javier Tordable, who took the CEO post at Cinnober in March, has inked notable trading platform, clearing and surveillance technology deals with the Dubai Gold & Commodities Exchange (DGCX) and The Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET). This week, the firm announced a deal to provide clearing technology for the London Metal Exchange (LME). In our recent interview during the FIA-FOA International Derivatives Expo in London, Tordable talks about the DGCX deal, the acquisition of Nomura’s Swedish technology development center in Umeå, Sweden, as well as where technology is heading. Interview by John Lothian News editor-in-chief Jim Kharouf. Published July 18, 2012.
- Deutsche Boerse picks trading exec for Bombay mix. Financial News.
- Press Release. Cinnober.
- Javier T.. LinkedIn.
- Cinnober CEO Javier Tordable Discusses the Company’s Recent Partnerships. John Lothian News.