James Beeland Rogers, Jr.
|James Beeland Rogers, Jr.|
|Occupation||Investor, Author and Educator|
|Location||The Republic of Singapore|
James Beeland Rogers, Jr. is an American investor, college professor, author, world traveler, economic commentator and creator of the Rogers International Commodity Index (RICI). Rogers, along with George Soros, co-founded the Quantum Fund.
In 1970, he apprenticed with Arnhold and S. Blichroeder,  which is where he met George Soros. Over the next 10 years, the portfolio gained more than 4,000 percent, while the S&P 500 rose less than 50 percent.
In 1980, Rogers retired and traveled by motorcycle through China. Continuing to manage his own portfolio, Rogers served as a guest professor at the Columbia University Graduate School of Business, and in 1989 and 1990, was the moderator of WCBS's "The Dreyfus Roundtable" and FNN's The Profit Motive with Jim Rogers. In 1995, he wrote his first book Investment Biker: Around the World with Jim Rogers.
Between 1999 and 2002, Rogers took another around-the-world journey, which he chronicled in Adventure Capitalist: The Ultimate Road Trip. In 2005, Rogers wrote Hot Commodities: How Anyone Can Invest Profitably in the World's Best Market. His latest work, A Bull in China: Investing Profitably in the World's Greatest Market, was published in late 2007.
In 2008, Rogers sold his New York City home and moved his family to The Republic of Singapore. He has been outspoken in wanting his children to learn the Chinese language.
Rogers received his Bachelor's degree from Yale University in 1964 and acquired a Master's degree from Oxford University in 1966. 
Rogers has written four books:
- A Bull in China: Investing Profitably in the World's Greatest Market (Random House, 2007) - ISBN 1400066166
- Hot Commodities: How Anyone Can Invest Profitably in the World's Best Market (Random House Trade Paperbacks, 2004) - ISBN 0812973712
- Adventure Capitalist: The Ultimate Road Trip (Random House Trade Paperbacks, 2003) - ISBN 0812967267
- Investment Biker: Around the World with Jim Rogers (Random House Trade Paperbacks, 1995) - ISBN 0812968719
- Jim Rogers. Charlie Rose Inc..
- Rogers International Commodities Index Overview. World Commodity Funds.
- U.S. Bailouts Add to Risk of Depression, Rogers Says. Bloomberg.
- Jim Rogers. Financial Sense Newshour.
- Rogers International Commodities Index. Beeland Management Company.
- Rogers International Commodity TRAKRS. Uhlmann Price Securities.
- We Want Our Kids To Learn Chinese. mysinchew.com.
- James Beeland Rogers Jr.. StreetInsider.