The contract months in the lean hog futures are February, April, May, June, July, August, October and December. The commodity symbol for the floor-traded hogs is LH, and for Globex-traded hogs, HE.
On December 4, 2006, CME launched options on live cattle and lean hogs futures traded on the CME Globex electronic trading platform.
- Commodity Training Manual (PDF)
- An Introduction to CME Commodity Products (PDF)
- An Overview of CME Commodity Futures for Hedgers (PDF)
- Strategies for CME Livestock Futures & Options (PDF)
- CME E-Livestock Futures Card (PDF)
- Moore Historical Report - Cattle (PDF)
- CME Livestock and CME Lumber Futures and Options Contract Expirations (PDF)
- Livestock Fundamentals (PDF)
- Self Study Guide to Hedging with Livestock Futures (PDF)
CME Group Lean Hogs for specifications as of December 27, 2007.