CME Group Lean Hogs are a cash-settled futures contract. The lean hog contract replaced the physically delivered live hog contract. Futures and futures options on lean hogs are based on a 40,000-pound contract, and are offered for trading both on through open outcry at CME Group and on the CME Globex electronic trading platform.
The contract months in the lean hog futures are February, April, May, June, July, August, October and December. The commodity symbol for the floor-traded hogs is LH, and for Globex-traded hogs, HE.
On December 4, 2006, CME launched options on live cattle and lean hogs futures traded on the CME Globex electronic trading platform.
- Commodity Training Manual (PDF)
- An Introduction to CME Commodity Products (PDF)
- An Overview of CME Commodity Futures for Hedgers (PDF)
- Strategies for CME Livestock Futures & Options (PDF)
- CME E-Livestock Futures Card (PDF)
- Moore Historical Report - Cattle (PDF)
- CME Livestock and CME Lumber Futures and Options Contract Expirations (PDF)
- Livestock Fundamentals (PDF)
- Self Study Guide to Hedging with Livestock Futures (PDF)
CME Group Lean Hogs for specifications as of December 27, 2007.