Futures on CME Group Live Cattle have been offered for trading at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange since 1964. Today these physically delivered livestock futures trade through both open outcry on the CME Group and on the CME Globex electronic trading platform.
The contract trading unit of the Live Cattle futures and Live cattle options is 40,000 pounds.
When Live cattle futures were introduced by CME in 1964, it became the first-ever non-storable futures contract.
The CME launched electronic options trading on Live cattle futures options on December 4, 2006.
- Commodity Training Manual (PDF)
- An Introduction to CME Commodity Products (PDF)
- An Overview of CME Commodity Futures for Hedgers (PDF)
- Strategies for CME Livestock Futures & Options (PDF)
- CME E-Livestock Futures Card (PDF)
- http://www.cme.com/files/Moore_cattle.pdf Moore Historical Report - Cattle] (PDF)
- CME Livestock and CME Lumber Futures and Options Contract Expirations (PDF)
- Livestock Fundamentals (PDF)
- Self Study Guide to Hedging with Livestock Futures (PDF)
CME Group Live Cattle for full contract specifications as of Dec. 27, 2007
- Live Cattle Futures Contract Specs. CME Group.