|Mark J. Powers|
|Location||Jersey City, NJ, USA|
Powers, with 30+ years invested in the futures industry, has been recognized as one of the founding fathers of financial futures.
As an executive with Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Powers was one of the principal architects in 1971 of the CME's International Monetary Market division, which launched the first futures contracts -- on seven foreign currencies -- in financial instruments in 1972.
Powers served as chief economist of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, director of Columbia University's Center for the Study of Futures, and created one of the first multi-advisor managed futures funds.
In addition, he has served as a director of four U.S. futures exchanges and on a number of futures industry committees, and in 1984 received the International Managed futures Industry Association's Rose-Baratz Literary Achievement Award recipient.
His literary accomplishments include;
- Getting Started in Commodity Futures Trading (1983)
- Inside the Financial Futures Markets w/ M. Castelino (1991) - ISBN 978-0471536741
- Editor, The Journal of Futures Markets
Powers holds a Ph.D. in Agricultural Economics, with a Minor in Law, from the University of Wisconsin.
- Mark J. Powers - NFA ID 0024368
- Liberty Gate - NFA ID 0000942
- "Liberty Gateway Biographies”. Liberty Gateway Asset Management Co..