|Key People||Michael Spencer, Chief Executive|
|Products||Foreign Exchnage, OTC Interest Rates, Fintech|
|Releases||[ Company News]|
NEX Group plc, headquartered in London, is a publicly traded company, (LON:NXG), operating electronic OTC interest rate and FX markets, a listed exchange, and technology for pre- and post-trade services, as well as a venture capital firm focused on fintech. 
Officially established as NEX Group at the end of 2016, it is the company that was formerly ICAP, which sold its voice brokerage business to Tullett Prebon for £1.28 billion ($1.6 billion), in a deal closed in December 2016. The new Tullet-owned brokerage business was named TP ICAP.
The company's major offices are in London, New York, Tel Aviv, Stockholm and Singapore with about 1,800 employees worldwide as of 2017.
NEX Group features four main departments, but the company offers its markets and products holistically to customers. In other words, its trading platforms, services and technologies are paired or offered together in a synergistic way.
The four main business units include:
NEX Markets, which runs the EBS BrokerTec electronic trading platform for interest rates and FX
NEX Optimisation. which offers a number of technologies and services along the transaction cycle, from risk management to workflow technologies to trade optimization solutions.
NEX Opportunities, the investment arm of the company aimed at investments in "pioneering" fintech firms
NEX Exchange, a small cap stock market, formerly known as ICAP Securities and Derivatives Exchange (ISDX)
As of April 2017, the company had a market capitalization of £2.16 billion.
Markets, Products & Services
NEX has a mix of markets, post-trade technology offerings, as well as services that extend into the investment space.
- NEX Markets (formerly EBS BrokerTec) is NEX's electronic foreign exchange (FX) and fixed income business which serves customers from more than 50 countries. The BrokerTec platform facilitates electronically traded US and European fixed income contracts including US Treasuries, European Government Bonds and European Repo. EBS is one of the largest FX markets for spot FX, non-deliverable forwards and precious metals. 
- NEX Optimisation provides cloud-hosted services across the transaction lifecycle, from pre-execution credit checks to multilateral portfolio compression of positions. The group is designed to offer expertise and services across all asset classes.
NEX Optimisation includes:
- TriOptima, a technology company providing OTC derivatives post trade risk management and infrastructure services such as portfolio compression and portfolio reconciliation for OTC derivatives market participants.
- Traiana, a market infrastructure technology firm for cross-asset, pre-trade and post-trade processing and risk management for FX, exchange-traded derivatives, OTC products, credit default swaps and synthetic and cash equities.
- Abide Financial, a global regulatory reporting solution across assets acquired in October 2016. It is also a reporting hub for EMIR, MIFID I and II, REMIT and other trade reporting systems.
- ENSO, acquired in early 2017, which provides portfolio data analytics, treasury and portfolio finance functions. The technology is aimed at asset manager and hedge funds, looking to address counterparty relationships.
- NEX Data provides cross-asset market data information. It also develops and administers traded index products
- Reset provides technology that mitigates basis risk in interest rate, FX, inflation derivatives and options markets.
- NEX Opportunities (formerly Euclid Opportunities), launched in 2011, is a venture capital fund that invests in fintech startups. NEX Opportunities investments include: Abide Financial, ENSO Financial, OpenFin, Duco, OpenGamma, and RSRCHXchange.
NEX Exchange, acquired in 2012, is a small cap stock market, formerly known as ICAP Securities and Derivatives Exchange (ISDX)). The market competes with the more established Alternative Investment Market, or AIM, owned by the London Stock Exchange Group.
It's biggest listing is the Arsenal Football Club, and as of April 2017, had about 85 listed companies on the exchange.
NEX Group's predecessor, ICAP, was formed in September 1999 by the merger of Garban plc and Intercapital plc into Garban-Intercapital plc. The Garban-Intercapital merger brought together Garban's government and corporate bonds, interest rate products and money market instruments with Intercapital's interest rate swaps and options, commodity swaps, illiquid securities and foreign exchange options. Garban-Intercapital plc was changed to ICAP plc in July 2001.
ICAP took a significant step in growing its business in Oct. 2007 when it purchased Traiana, a post-trade network for FX, exchange-traded derivatives, equities and equity derivatives in a transaction valued at $247 million. ICAP sold a 12 percent stake in Traiana in January 2013 to a group of seven of its largest customers: Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Barclays, Citi, Deutsche Bank, JPMorgan, Nomura and Royal Bank of Scotland.
On February 15, 2013, ICAP launched its electronic interest rate derivative platform in the US for trading of US Dollar (USD) interest rate swaps. On June 3, 2013, ICAP began trading in Sterling (GBP) interest rate swaps on its electronic interest rate derivative platform.
After eliminating about 400 jobs at its broking unit in 2014 to cut costs and then pulling out of the Wholesale Markets Brokers Association Americas in 2015, ICAP eventually sold its brokerage unit to Tullett Prebon in 2016, which led to the NEX Group launch at the end of 2016. 
For more, see "History" on the ICAP MarketsWiki page.
What's In A Name
The NEX Group name, announced in May 2016, was chosen from more than 300 names suggested by, then ICAP employees, friends, customers and the public, plus another 600 suggested names, according to NEX CEO Michael Spencer. NEX said the name represents an agile and innovative company that is "ambitious, cutting edge and able to compete in the fintech space."
- Michael Spencer - Chief Executive Officer
- Charles Gregson - Non-Executive Chairman
- Stuart Bridges - Group Chief Financial Officer
- Jenny Knott - Chief Executive Officer, NEX Optimisation
- Seth Johnson - Chief Executive Officer, EBS BrokerTec
- Tim Cartledge - Global Head of FX, EBS BrokerTec
- Steve Gibson - Chief Executive Officer, Euclid Opportunities
- Ken Pigaga - Global Chief Operating Officer
- NEX Group PLC (NXG) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by BNP Paribas. The Cerbat Gem.
- ICAP to Become NEX Group to Start Life After Voice Broking. Bloomberg.
- How bullish Nex Exchange boss Patrick Birley is taking aim at the London Stock Exchange's junior market. City A.M..
- EBS at a glance. NEX.
- US Treasury. ICAP.
- EBS at a glance. NEX.
- NEX An Introduction. NEX.
- NEX Launches New Regulation Reporting Platform. Traders.
- Markets. NEX.
- NEX Invests in Research Innovator. Markets Media.
- ICAP sells stake in Traiana. FT.com.
- ICAP CEO Says Firm Cut 400 Jobs in Broker Unit to Save Costs. Bloomberg.
- The Incredible Shrinking WMBAA: ICAP’s Departure from Industry Association a Sign of the Times. John Lothian News.
- ICAP Newco plc announces new company name: NEX Group plc. Nex Traiana.