|Occupation||President and CEO for global equity capital markets|
Nicholas Thadaney was appointed president and CEO for global equity capital markets at TMX Group effective September 1, 2015. He is responsible for equity listing and trading activity. He will report to TMX Group CEO Lou Eccleston. He replaced Kevan Cowan, who was president of TMX Markets and group head of equities, who left the company.
In January 2018 it was reported that Thadaney was leaving the stock exchange operator after a reorganization of the company. He agreed to stay on for six weeks at TMX as a special advisor to ensure a smooth transition.
Before joining TMX, Thadaney spent 15 years at ITG Canada, the local unit of agency broker and technology provider ITG. He joined ITG in 2000 as director of sales, and in 2005 he was promoted to CEO. In that role, he also served as chairman and CEO of TriAct Canada, an Alternative Trading System (ATS) which operates MatchNow, Canada’s leading dark pool.
Thadaney holds a B.A. in economics from York University. He also participated in the Institute of Corporate Directors Designation (ICD.D), Directors Education Program at the University of Toronto Rotman School of Management.
- Thadaney Leaves ITG For TMX Group. Waters Technology.
- TMX Group seeks ‘fresh’ approach to equities business with hire of Nick Thadaney. Financial Post.
- TMX Group Names Nicholas Thadaney President & CEO, Global Equity Capital Markets. TMX Group.
- Thadaney to Leave Toronto Stock Exchange Owner TMX Group. U.S. News.
- Executive Committee. ITG.
- Team. TriAct Canada.