Otto E. Nägeli
|Otto E. Nägeli|
|Employer||CME Clearing Europe, Swiss Futures and Options Association (SFOA)|
A longtime futures industry executive with extensive exchange and clearing house experience, Nägeli also has served as chairman of the Swiss Futures and Options Association (SFOA) since September 2011, replacing Paul Meier for a three-year term. He is managing partner of OEN Consulting-Nägeli & Partner, which provides research and advice on banking, exchange, settlement and clearing issues in Europe and serves as an independent director of swissgrid ag, the Swiss Power Transmission System Operator.
Nägeli became a managing director, international, for the Options Industry Council (OIC) in 2004, where he was responsible for all OIC activity in Europe. Nägeli was a non-executive board member of Swissquote Group Holding Ltd. from 2003 to April 2007. He was also CEO of Rüd Blass Private Bank from 2001 to 2003.
From 1998 to 2001, Nägeli was deputy CEO of Eurex. He was also CEO of SOFFEX from 1987 to 1998. Nägeli helped execute the merger of DTB and SOFFEX to form Eurex, which created the first pan-European exchange. Nägeli organized the establishment and operation of the Swiss Options and Financial Futures Exchange (SOFFEX) in 1987 as the world's first fully electronic derivatives exchange. He also served as CEO of Rud, Blass & Cie, AG in Zurich, and as chairman of EEX, the European Energy Exchange in Frankfurt.
Between 1994 and 1998, while still CEO of SOFFEX, Nageli was also on the management team at the Swiss Exchange in Zurich, where he supervised the build-out of its market operations, market supervision and settlement functions. He was on the boards of all three Eurex companies (Eurex Zurich AG, Eurex Frankfurt AG and Eurex Clearing AG) from 1998 to 2001, as well as chairman of the board at the European Energy Exchange (EEX) between 1999 and 2001.
Nägeli attended Gymnasium for Commerce of Canton of Zurich and holds a Swiss master diploma in banking.
Nägeli also is a member of the Senior Expert Corps of Swisscontact, a charitable organization that offers on-site practical support in solving technical and operational problems for small and medium-sized enterprises in developing countries and Eastern Europe.
- Nägeli, Otto E.. Association of Futures Markets.
- Otto E. Nägeli. LinkedIn.
- CME Group Appoints Otto E. Nageli as Chairman Designate, CME Clearing Europe. CME Group.
- Otto E. Nägeli. Businessweek.
- OIC Representative Biographies. Options Industry Council.
- Otto Nägeli to Lead OIC's European Educational Efforts. Options Industry Council.
- Eurex appoints IT chief as deputy CEO. Financial News.
- Board of Directors Appoints Gisler to Eurex Executive. Eurex.
- Otto E. Nägeli Official Eurex Project Manager. Eurex.
- CME Clearing Europe – Bringing Stability & Security to OTC Derivative Markets. CME Group.